The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hyundai Sonata 5-speed Transmission

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Showing results 121 to 124 of 124
    cool thanks, are there any performance clutches for this setup??

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    well i decided to swap the tranny and ill tell you it doesnt fit 100% the rear mount is off some . i might need a eclipse tranny mount too but everything else fits with little to no problems.
    use ur 8g auto tranny mount
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

the auto mount is different .the manual mount was just to wide so i was going to shave the sides off a little. i almost finished the swap but i pulled back after trying to start the car.I had everything hooked up except rear mount and tranny mount. the car started then just died like it was dragging something so i didnt spend a lot time trouble shooting just wanted the car running before monday.

i pulled out the tranny and notice the throw out bearing didnt engage, probably cause i didnt set up the slave properly.Idk if this cause the engine to stop after it cranked though. so im going to say everything fits but the tranny mount would need some trimming to fit and the rear stopper might need a plate to bring it over to the right like the automatic mount. I should of just swapped mounts but i was trying to hurry.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    well i decided to swap the tranny and ill tell you it doesnt fit 100% the rear mount is off some . i might need a eclipse tranny mount too but everything else fits with little to no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    use ur 8g auto tranny mount
    I will give it another shot just playing around with the tranny a bit i notice the rear mount didnt have a adaption bracket like the eclipse or galant manny and auto transmission. so i went to the jy and picked up that bracket and it seems just right for it.

I also notice the transmission has an adapter plate for the transmission mount which shifted the tranny towards the front of the car which threw of the rear mount. i removed the adapt plate but the mount doenst line up with all holes so i have 2 alternatives 1. find a eclipse tranny mount cause my bet is thats the right size and 2. drill slots into the sonata mount to give it a universal fit.

if the eclipse mount drops in then the swap is 100% no fabrication except the usual drilling the master cylinder hole out

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567