The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need some info. My rear Wheels are Butterfly

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Need some info. My rear Wheels are Butterfly

I dropped my Galant with Work springs in Jan. Im not sure if i had this problem before i dropped it, but my Rear Wheels are Butterfly. I went to a Alignment on my wheels. When they came back with the car i was told and shown that my rear wheels were butterfly in the rear. Ive been asking around and i was told if i put on a camber kit it would fix it. Can any one give me any ideas or give me some info on a good camber kid that would fix my wheels. Thanks...

check with Ingalls.. the WORKs dont drop you all that much so those should work well.. Import Car Parts Plus sells them and you should also be able to find them on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Rayth View Post
    check with Ingalls.. the WORKs dont drop you all that much so those should work well.. Import Car Parts Plus sells them and you should also be able to find them on ebay

Thanks. I found these.
    http://www.ingallseng.com/mmy.php?ye...t=Camber%20Kit

Would these work on my Galant? And if they do which are the best ones?

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesRider View Post
    Thanks. I found these.
    http://www.ingallseng.com/mmy.php?ye...t=Camber%20Kit

Would these work on my Galant? And if they do which are the best ones?
    Yep they'll work on the galant. Check the specs they gave you with your alignment and find out how far your camber is out in the rear. If it's more than +/- 1 degree you have to get the larger kit.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I gave him that link, but didn't realize he had a 9G - don't know if the 8G camber kit fit the 9G

hey i saw the paper on my shield yesterday lol where did u see me? are u needing the rear kit asap? i have the box with the size and everything but its back at fontana and not comming back there till next week...

ill try calling and get u the info u need, i believe its a 12mm camber bolt in the rear from a mirage, thats what im using in the back. ill get back at you later

^^ the link above will not work...its more for 7 and 8g rear. the front for sure are 16mm camber bolts. its the exact same ones as the 8g front bolts
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 03-21-2009 at 08:50 PM
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

okay just got off the phone... its 12mm fast cam bolts for the rear

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10 View Post
    hey i saw the paper on my shield yesterday lol where did u see me? are u needing the rear kit asap? i have the box with the size and everything but its back at fontana and not comming back there till next week...

ill try calling and get u the info u need, i believe its a 12mm camber bolt in the rear from a mirage, thats what im using in the back. ill get back at you later

^^ the link above will not work...its more for 7 and 8g rear. the front for sure are 16mm camber bolts. its the exact same ones as the 8g front bolts
    Thanks. Yeah I was gonna go eat at Dennys when i saw your Galant. I need that Kit ASAP. Where did you get your kit from. I have no idea what to do. My tires are all jacked up. I didnt know i needed the kit when i lowered my car.

its like those, but those are for the front, rear are different size. its the bolt right behind the brake shield (upper control arm) number 11 i believe on the diagram.
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 03-22-2009 at 12:07 AM

OK... I bought Ingalls Fastcam Bolts. Front 16mm 81280 and Rear 12mm 81250. I hope i got the right ones. I paid $50 something Bucks for them...

I dont have any idea where the rear one go? Any ideas?

I also have some R1 cross, drilled,slotted rotors and works rear swaybar...

replied on gf

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    ^oww i wanted to know too.

let me know if those are the right ones i just got my WORKs in and i'm gonna pick up the camber bolts very soon

Quote Originally Posted by LosAngelesRider View Post
    OK... I bought Ingalls Fastcam Bolts. Front 16mm 81280 and Rear 12mm 81250. I hope i got the right ones. I paid $50 something Bucks for them...

I dont have any idea where the rear one go? Any ideas?

I also have some R1 cross, drilled,slotted rotors and works rear swaybar...

Did the rear sway make a big differance?

it goes near the break dust shield... if you look straight at your rear rotors theirs a bolt at the 12 oclock postion behind the shield. thats where it goes. the place ur pointing at i believe changes the toe. Reply from GF.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference yet. The swaybar that is. I'll let you know once I get my camber kit put on...