The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mass air flow

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

mass air flow

yes a noobie thread, but i took the mass air flow off my intake and put a k&n air filter on. first is this a good idea secondly theres a small screen on one side of the mass air flow sensor, if i take the small screen out, i would be about to run the part its self, but is this a good or bad idea?? and i really dont want to spend 250+ for a decent intake plus the mass air flow built in
    BNB Motorsports

ok... STOP do not mess around with the MAFS, you will end up breaking it as they are very fragile, to run your intake, your engine must be able to distribute the air flow properly so you MUST have the sensor in, you can buy a MAFS adaptor plate for roughly 15$ at Pep boys, ive got an extra if you come to the meet, An injen intake will not cost 250$...
    ~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

well on that note, im going to take it off
    BNB Motorsports

yeah plus ur mpg will be like a roller coaster, happened to me and i learned quick

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by coreyfan666 View Post
    yes a noobie thread, but i took the mass air flow off my intake and put a k&n air filter on. first is this a good idea secondly theres a small screen on one side of the mass air flow sensor, if i take the small screen out, i would be about to run the part its self, but is this a good or bad idea?? and i really dont want to spend 250+ for a decent intake plus the mass air flow built in
    the car will still work without the MAS but it will run like crap. same goes if u remove the small screen.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Several things, first, but the k&n filter on the end of the mafs like i did, thus creating your own sri till you can afford to buy one. Do not remove the mafs or the screen. You will cause more pain than happiness. Trust when i say that it is better to do things right than have to spend the money to fix your f'up and then spend the money to do the work you orriginally wanted.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

pearlgalant
    ya i found out the same way today my service engine light immediatly came on when starting the car with the cone on and mafs off pep boys had the adaptor for 15 dollars and i got a spectra cone..probably shitty but im going to get all the piping as well later on

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    just get an mas adapter and put a filter on. i would also not do anything else to your car before you check with us
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd