The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Major problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28
    TGC Regular

Major problem PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

OK soo my car has been acting up a lot latly at the idle stages. From what i have gathered here it seems to be the IAC. So i ordered the block off plate. I tryed to unplug the IAC and it seem to not make too much of a difference. But when i am in park it idles anywhere from 200-800 rpms. Now if its really low i will press on the gas a lil and bring it up to 1500 and let it sit there for a bit. Now it almost like there is some kind of resistance in either the fuel or the air flow because i will keep my foot so that it is sitting at 1500 rpms and it will chill there for a bit and then without me moving my foot it will shoot the rpms up to 2500.... So idk what that is. This all pretty much started when i put Lucas fuel injector cleaner in. Could my injectors be clogged????? We were looking at it and my buddy is kinda a mechanic at a shop. When it was idleing he took off the oil cap and it stalled. he told me to start it back up and i did. It stalled again. One more time and it wouldnt start..... then we put the cap back on let it sit for about a min and it started right back up... but now when the cap is on and its idleing and then stalls sometimes it wont start right away... My buddy says there is a major problem. Because of vaccume issues is it supposed to run with the oil cap off? Thanks for all your help guys......
    Last edited by skrap; 03-21-2009 at 04:50 PM

jumping in the RPM = FIAV. Block off plate should fix it

and adjust your TPS
    Last edited by mko; 03-21-2009 at 07:24 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    what is the FIAV? and where is it? where could i get a blockoff for that..?

TGC Regular
    OK so i was reading on dsmtuners.com and they apeartly call there iac an isc i think thats what they were referring too... they were saying on there that it is very diffucult for the car along with bad to delete both of these items im reall confused now... should i just go to a junk yard and try and get a used Tb with all of the above and take my chances.... its a DD and i need it reliable. I have no clue what i am doing with shit shit guys. I am really confused on this aspect....

i dont think there are block off plates available for galant. Eclipse and galant TBs a lil different and Ive seen only eclipse block off plate.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    OK so im looking at use TB on ebay. Look what i found and tell me what you think
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THROT...3A1|240%3A1318

In my Honest opinion it look like its not even the right fucking part!

I still have the ported manifold and the 60mm throttle body. Pm me if youre interested. TB is in excellent condition, just slap the block off plate and youre done

Build Thread

Just install the plate, we already stated that dsm model FITS. More than likely it's your FIAV at this point.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

TGC Regular
    Mko is telling me that it doesnt fit.... I am soo confused

I said they a lil different, the plate has 3 matching holes out of 5 with the TB. If you think this is enough then go ahead and install it

Build Thread

It installs fine, just seal it well. RTV...JB Weld...whatever.
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

TGC Regular
    ok

TGC Regular
    Are our cars abe to run with the oil cap off? if so what could be wrong if it stalls when removed?

It means you just caused a huge vacuum leak...
    RIP
    Part Out Coming Soon

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

TGC Regular
    ok so its normal for it to stall then there is no problem?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    oil cap off = vacuum leak = car ain't gonna run right so why are we even talking about it

i'm currently rocking an iac/fiav blockoff plate, made for the 2g turbo throttle bodies, on my 7G throttle body. once car is warmed up, idle is flawless and doesn't budge. the iac/fiav on our cars is one of the weak spots and needs to be thrown out faster than your girlfriend once it starts acting up.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    So it is just one block off plate then correct? I have one for the 1st gen eclipse it just came in. WHat do i need to do in order for it to work. Its the blockoff not the bypass and its an iac blockoff. thanks

*EDIT* the reason why i was asking about the oil cap is because my buddy swears up and down that all cars are supposed to run with the oil cap off and if it stalls then you have a compression problem. I told him no it creates a vaccum leak but we were arguing about it and i figure i would ask you guys to get a 100% clear answer. Thank you i feel a lot more confident with my mechanic ability nor because it was an educated guess!_!
    Last edited by skrap; 03-24-2009 at 09:52 AM

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    well, technically you're creating a vacuum leak because the breather line and the pvc line are now comprimised because the oil cap is off, so its essentially like disconnecting either/both of those (someone correct me if i'm wrong here). ideally you should still be able to run with the oil cap off (no vacuum) but i wouldn't base any decisions or information off of it, that's a pretty wild trouble-shooting tactic, and doesn't really prove or disprove anything in any direction.

the block-off plate will block off both of the valves that live like parasites under your throttle body, the iac and fiav. you will have to re-adjust your idle via the biss screw. make sure you TPS is in spec

TPS adjustment - http://socallifestyle.com/tgc_posts/tps_adjustment.jpg
    Last edited by peanotation; 03-24-2009 at 10:32 AM
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Your friend is a tard. stop listening to him.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    haha ok thanks guys. in another thread there was a link to tell you how to adjust your biss screw but it says you need to use a scanner tool. I dont have one and dont have acsess to one. IS there a way around that???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast