The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Major problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    Hey Skrap..

I have the same problem with my 8g white galant... I still cant figure it out.. I know you have a 7g.. but my 8g is doing the same.. with the rpm.. low to high... or sometime to the point where it feels like the engine is going to die...

if you don't have an ISC, then you don't need to put the ecu in diagnostic mode to set the base idle speed.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    ok so when i have it blocked off all i need to do is just set it depending on the rpms then. Now with the harness do i just tape it off? Is it going to throw a CEL?

just let the harness hang lol.

you won't throw a cel, and you set the idle with a screwdriver.
    done.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    Kool shit thanks im going to do it this weekend!!!

TGC Regular
    OK, so i figured i would give you guys an update. I just put on the isc/fiav block off plate. It was a lill difficult to tune the biss screw but if got it idling at 800 rpms in park. It is running a lot better now.... Its a major difference. Its crazy how much your idle effects everything, my trans is shifting a lot smoother now too. Now i have a problem with my aftermarket headers. the gasket where the headers split into 2 pipes keeps blowing out. I got the race grade gasket material that you cut your gasket out of. Its fiber with metal mesh in the middle.... I keep blowing it out. Anyone have any advice???

Since it is an 1G header, you may wanna try the stock OEM 1g gasket. I think its pretty cheap. Good to hear you car running smooth. Let us know if you throw a code. What are the RPM when in D, do they drop a lil when the clutches engage.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    well i have an auto for now.... in park the idle is at 800 then when i put it into gear it drops down between 300-200 rpms. wich is normal i belive. its running really nice all i had to do was tune the biss screw out i think i had to turn it out 3 or 4 full turns.. it had me scared because where the screw was, as soon as i started it, it would stall. as soon as i let off the gas but now its really smooth.. now all i have is a lil backfire/rumble cus of the exhaust leak. I havent thrown a code yet, but that doesnt really matter to me i know people for inspection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12