The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Transmission Filter?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Transmission Filter?

Sorry if i sound like an idiot, but could someone tell me where the dag blasted transmission filter is on my 01 galant 2.4. i think its inside the transmission pan where the stick is but i couldnt get the darn thing off after taking out all the screws. i guess i'll have 2 spend the money and take it to a mechanic

its been said before search. some models have an exterior filter resembling an oil filter located in the top of the tranny. if you dont have that one then the only other filter is located inside the tranny which requires you to take off the transmission. in other words you dont change that one, just replace fluid every so often.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

I have a 2000 ES 2.4 took it to Gene Brown Transmission they told me mine did not have a filter in the pan so they just changed the fluid it was only 50.00 to have them do it. hell most other places cost over 150.00 I thought this was a good deal they said it should be done every year .Im going check on that.
    Last edited by Brent; 09-02-2010 at 08:22 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I have a 2000 ES 2.4 took it to Gene Brown Transmission they told me mine did not have a filter in the pan so they just changed the fluid it was only 50.00 to have them do it. hell most other places cost over 150.00 I thought this was a good deal they said it should be done every year .Im going check on that.
    sounds like you got ripped off. the proper fluid alone cost more than $50.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    sounds like you got ripped off. the proper fluid alone cost more than $50.
    x2. they got you there buddy.

I think i used like 10 quarts with the flush? maybe 12 i dont remember. I used this stuff:

At 12.99$ per quart. you do the math
    Last edited by Joshua42007; 09-03-2010 at 01:34 PM

I know this thread is a lil old but since you've used royal purple how has your transmission been holding up. Some guys on this site told me that you have to use SPIII specified fluid from the dealer or your trans could go bad

I haven't seen Joshua around the forum in awhile, but I would suggest using the factory specified SP III ATF. It's not worth taking a chance with any other fluid instead of OEM.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Thanx for the info. Guess ill take a trip to the nearest mitsu dealer then