The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Why is COTM so wack now?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Why is COTM so wack now?

I liked it when Reelax was doing them. He posted a little shoutout from the owner that told the story of the car. Felt like a Readers Rides feature in a car magazine. Now its just a picture.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    i wouldnt say its wack now, but it was nice having a little Bio on the person and the car.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    its all your fault people for voting reelax for cotm already. :p if he didnt win yet, he probably still continue the old way until he won. lol

or..

its just hard to get the cotm winner to write up something about their car.

I agree, there are some weak cars...
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    interesting stories > pictures
    yea, thats what im trying to say.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    all the old ones were deleted as well

yea, i miss the stories and details

ya whats the point in having car of the month if u cant see the previous months
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    its all your fault people for voting reelax for cotm already. :p if he didnt win yet, he probably still continue the old way until he won. lol

or..

its just hard to get the cotm winner to write up something about their car.
    haha, no. i won the 3rd COTM after TRIGGERMAUVE and CALI won... i continued to run COTM for like a year after that.

the biggest problem was that members that were nominated, and more important, those that won, often took weeks, even months to get back to me so i could throw up a voting poll or post their winner articles. i started getting WAY behind because of this. after i got seriously bogged down, PROTO took it over and changed the format for nominations, qualification requirements, voting and winner articles. i don't know what happenned to the past winner archives... those cars were some the nicest on TGC and those articles would probably be great inspiration to the membership.

if you're not pleased with quality of the COTM's lately... that's because of the nominations that are submitted... a car can't become COTM unless it's nominated. also, i'm against self nomination; COTM should be chosen from the cream of the crop by the membership... the nicest cars should be recognized for their merrit, not because the owner wants to be spotlighted. a car should not be nominated just because its owner thinks it should, his peers should nominate it for him because the car is worthy.

I agree, self nomination is gay. I think we should change it.
    Love,
    Matt

and can it be any car.. so that my maxima has a chance lol. .jk

but yah the stories would be something that i looked forward too..
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

well if the COTM does not reply with their story after X amount of days, you can just post the pics and have it say "owner could not be reached for comment" and his chance for 15 min of fame is gone.

But I enjoyed reading the COTM's stories that I would have otherwise not known about the owner.

yeah, I really enjoyed the stories, I remember when I first joined it was good to read about all the various parts, etc... that the owner had installed on the car, instead of asking where can get the tailights on X member's car, or what front bumper is on Y member's car.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Proto
    Reelax you are welcome to take it back over any time you want, to get the stories and such going again.

Self nomination has been gone for the last 2-3 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    Requirements
    You must nominate another member for Car of the Month.

They must meet the following requirements:
    * Atleast 50 posts
    * Still own a Galant
    * An active member of TGC
    * Can't be nominated more than once in a 6 month period if voted as COTM
    * Must have a Garage through the site (Under Community links click on Garage)
    a. Minimum 5 photos of their Galant (Garage) - Photos must be atleast 640x480 pixels.
    b. Must have a full modifications list.

If they fail to meet these requirements their nomination will be rejected.

Structure
    * Nominations will run until the 10th of every month then voting will remain opened from the 10th until the end of month.

The winner of the month will have a thread posted in the COTM Winners section of the forum and be on the front page of the forum for the entire month that they won.

When nominating a member just state their user name and we can verify the requirements.

Experienced TGC Member
    Im still pissed that my month didnt get to go up for voting................ URGH! Though i know a 7g wouldnt win.. LOL

all the worthy cars have already been nominated multiple times or won already...nothings really new to our eyes since we see most of these mods every time we log on...kinda sucks for the last couple winners since it feels like were blasting on them....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    Im still pissed that my month didnt get to go up for voting................ URGH! Though i know a 7g wouldnt win.. LOL
    i gave up after my 3rd or 4th nomination lol ohhh well... :)
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 03-23-2009 at 07:37 PM
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Well now... Please allow me to start up the trend again... my story is on the last page of my COTM thread..
    MARCH 2009 COTM
    fully interfaced with Xbox Media Center. learn more at www.xbmc.org[/b]

Ballin' on a budget