The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2003 GTZ and Eibach

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

2003 GTZ and Eibach

This is for the GTZers out there. Have any of you put Eibach pro-kits on? Will they lower the car? If so how much (if any)? Since they are a general design produced for the 99 - 03 V6s (6G72) and not specific to the GTZ and the GTZ is already about 0.5" lower than the normal V6ers (ES etc). Mines a 03.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    search...

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_vick View Post
    This is for the GTZers out there. Have any of you put Eibach pro-kits on? Will they lower the car? If so how much (if any)? Since they are a general design produced for the 99 - 03 V6s (6G72) and not specific to the GTZ and the GTZ is already about 0.5" lower than the normal V6ers (ES etc). Mines a 03.
    :smt120

Have searched

Unfortunately the search only brings about people with ESs and 4 cyls either talking about there own type of galants or they try to talk about a GTZ dropped with eibach pro-kits with out owning one. I'd like to hear from an actual 99 - 03 GTZ owner whose done it and not from another ES person who says the cars are the same so the drop will be similiar when the cars are not the same.

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    it will drop about 1.2 in the front and 1 in the back.

One last thought (question)

Yes thats what eibach says for: Selected Year: 2003 / Make: MITSUBISHI Model: Galant, 6 Cyl. However the GTZs are already about 0.5" lower stock than the ES. Therefore by changing to "generic" eibach pro-kit 6 cyl Galant springs will it eliminate the 0.5" difference that comes stock and make the GTZ the same height as an ES lowered with a pro-kit? I hope you know what I'm getting at.

Thanks a bunch.

Yes it will lower your GTZ comparing to stock. It don't know how much but you will see it for sure. I have Eibach + AGX on my 01 GTZ.

look at my sig, I'm also running KYB AGXs for 00-05 Eclipse GT (remember, the "sport tuned" suspension from the GTZs is exactly the same as GT Eclipses)

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

Thanks a lot GTZ bros. SotY, our GTZs are quit similar as far as your mods are concerned. I'm also from Illinois in the Bolingbrook area. I was worried that the eibachs would lower to a height of an ES lowered on eibachs. I don't want an ES lowering I want the GTZ lowering. Thats one reason why I bouight the GTZ becaus it came lower stock. A lot of people don't realize there's quite few diffs with the GTZ I researched and spoke to Mitsu people extensively before buying. That's why it's sometimes difficult finding answers on the forums.
    Last edited by thomas_vick; 03-23-2009 at 03:24 PM

I didn't tell that it will be lower than ES on Eibachs but it will be lower than stock GTZ. Probably it will be the same as ES V6 because when you change springs and shocks rest will be the same. If you want get much lower than stock GTZ chose Teins. I wanted just mild drop.

Quote Originally Posted by thomas_vick View Post
    Yes thats what eibach says for: Selected Year: 2003 / Make: MITSUBISHI Model: Galant, 6 Cyl. However the GTZs are already about 0.5" lower stock than the ES. Therefore by changing to "generic" eibach pro-kit 6 cyl Galant springs will it eliminate the 0.5" difference that comes stock and make the GTZ the same height as an ES lowered with a pro-kit? I hope you know what I'm getting at.

Thanks a bunch.
    Dude your info was given there right now, if it says it will drop the v6 then it will, although it may be lower then an ES it Still will get lowered as the kit says it will....what are you asking dude? an ES at stock is higher than a GTZ at stock height, if you drop your ES it will then be lower or equal to the stock GTZ, but if you lower your GTZ it will be lower than an ES....does that make sense?

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    an ES at stock is higher than a GTZ at stock height, if you drop your ES it will then be lower or equal to the stock GTZ, but if you lower your GTZ it will be lower than an ES....does that make sense?
    Not true. If you change stock suspension in ES V6 to Eibach/AGX and do the same in GTZ height will be probably the same because there will be no other differences related to height. And I think this was the thomas_vick's main question.

Quote Originally Posted by SotY View Post
    Not true. If you change stock suspension in ES V6 to Eibach/AGX and do the same in GTZ height will be probably the same because there will be no other differences related to height. And I think this was the thomas_vick's main question.
    Correct. A stock GTZ is lower then a V6 simply because of the GTZ's spring being lower. If you were to change the suspension to the eibach springs on the GTZ and V6, they would be the same height.

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Quote Originally Posted by 01galant01 View Post
    Correct. A stock GTZ is lower then a V6 simply because of the GTZ's spring being lower. If you were to change the suspension to the eibach springs on the GTZ and V6, they would be the same height.
    Correct, though only achieving about .5" - .75" drop with the GTZ.

Thomas, you are better of with coilovers like I have, much more range of lowering, and they perform much better than Eibachs and AGXs.

Thanks Redgalant2K1. Thats the route I think I'm going to go.