The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Primewell mixed reviews.

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Primewell mixed reviews.

I got a set of 4 primewell pz900 tires the other day and I have been looking at reviews people that use them have no complaints but people who look at them say they are just cheap tires not worth it. I dont do anything extreme in the G I just cruise and I must say so far I am happy with the tires. I have road hazards on them that is pro rated so if a tire does pop or anything a few thousand miles down the road I dont have to worry considering I dont do many miles on the Galant as it is. I was cruising at 60-70 yesturday and they make about as much maybe possibly less road noise then my Falkens I used to have. I understand the tread rating is 280 and dont expect to get like 50k out of them, but they should last me a good 2 or 3 years before I update my rims and tires again.

I will give an update when it rains but so far they can handle accelerating and braking nicely and they have good traction on turns at like 40mph that are supposed to be done slower.

They dont look too bad on the tread as far as a nice design but the sides look retarded since the tread goes down the side a bit.

Thats my only review so far so share yours if you have one.

I can promise if i put those on my car, it would be wrecked in a week.

and i'd either be dead, or on life support.

i had some cheap tires on my G a while back after my Yokahama's wore out,
    and lemme tell you, i couldn't get forward traction to save my life, ABS was always kicking on, and damn if I didn't almost die on about 3 occasions when the ass end slid out on the street.

I guess if I had a slow car that i drove to work and back in, and i didn't value myself or my hobby(the car)
    I would probably rock a cheap set of tires.

How much did these run you for what size and speed rating?

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I got them 82 each installed with hazard plus tax 225/45/17 and they are rated W

My car is pretty much completely stock as far as power its lowered on teins to get rid of the monster gap and its on 17'' Konigs right now. I want to know how these are in the rain cause even my 512s would lose traction if I accelerated hard when roads were wet. But dry these perform the same as the falkens as far as daily use is concerned. I wouldnt use them for AutoXing.

Look like old Toyo FZ4s. Good luck.

Experienced TGC Member
    You'll be buying new tires in 15-17 months. you better get an alignment every 3 months and rotate every oil change. no questions. just do it.
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22 View Post
    You'll be buying new tires in 15-17 months. you better get an alignment every 3 months and rotate every oil change. no questions. just do it.
    I wont be getting new tires in 15-17 months because of how unoften I drive.
    Alignment I can get every 3 months since I have lifetime alignment.
    I rotate my tires every 2 months as I do not change my oil often since I use synthetic and dont drive often.

I wasnt asking on maintenance I was asking for opinions on the tires. Thanks.

I got a set of TR968 Diamondback tires back then....surprisingly good in similar price range. The only down side was that they were noisy as hell.

My traction might have came from my AWD so I could be biased.

well, i guess you gotta cut corners where you can...

i wouldn't cut them on tires thats for sure.
    i had no idea you could even get tires that cheap. wow.

W rated? I wouldn't drive those over 80mph.
    I'm not giving you a hard time,
    I'm just giving you a hard time.
    I hope you have full coverage.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    As "cheaper" tires get more wear on them...you will definitely notice why they are "cheap" tires. Road noise will increase and wear will get worse and hope you cross your fingers they hold up in case of a "emergency" manuver.

Granted you are just using them to drive around from point A to B and nothing serious beyond that. To be honest this is the first time I have heard of the Primewell brand.

You CAN go with cheaper tires but the trick is to find out if they are a sub brand of a major brand. Its been soo long since I worked for a dealer, but there are cheaper brands of tires that are made in the same manufacturing factorys as the brand name with the exception that the cheaper brand will not have the patented technologies. You will have to do your research on that..but if I were to go with a cheaper tire, I would go that route.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

So far so good even under hard acceleration they have better grip then my 512s had in rain. No complaints from me at all. The only issue I really heard is snow grip is the worst but I wont be driving in the snow so works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    well, i guess you gotta cut corners where you can...

i wouldn't cut them on tires thats for sure.
    i had no idea you could even get tires that cheap. wow.
    It wasnt much of a corner cut I knew the guy my dad is in the limo business and they change tires on their cars like every 2 months thats why I got them for 82 they are about 100 each regularly he gave me road hazards on em free. Overall with life time alignment it cost me 560 for everything which IMO isnt bad 4 new tires of my good tires was mounted on my spare.

You can get 17'' Falkens for like 108 and Kumho Ecstas for 90.
    So far a decent tire and no complaints.

I will let you know how many miles I get on them before they are at 2/32 or before I notice bubbles or anything
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 04-03-2009 at 07:11 PM

Im 16 at school with no job atm so I bought super cheapo tyres too. $110 each nz. which is like 60 US. no complaints about them. I jus cruise so the tyres suit me fine.

yeah I know these wont last as long as say kumho or falkens because the treadwear sucks but other then that I am happy thats what matters to me ;)

Well its honesty time. I had the Primewells on my vehicle for almost 2 months now. So far they are brilliant in all weather I've been hit with.

Braking hard in the rain they lose no traction and I mean like slamming the brakes my girl slid out of her seat. Also accelerating I dont spin as much as I used to with my 512s in the rain.

Overall I will say a good strong performing tire. Tread is still like perfect but I only put about 700 miles on them maybe a little more.

i look at it just like anything else you buy. theres good and theres bad brands, cheap brands can be just as good as bad brands and others can suck. most pirellis do suck but their tires are generally expensive. kumho's are prone to chopping even on brand new car suspensions, it all just depends on the tire to me. theres alot of name brand tires that suck as just as much. Diamond Back TR tires are the same as Triangle tires which is owned by Sumitomo
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Quote Originally Posted by lonestar22 View Post
    i look at it just like anything else you buy. theres good and theres bad brands, cheap brands can be just as good as bad brands and others can suck. most pirellis do suck but their tires are generally expensive. kumho's are prone to chopping even on brand new car suspensions, it all just depends on the tire to me. theres alot of name brand tires that suck as just as much. Diamond Back TR tires are the same as Triangle tires which is owned by Sumitomo
    Yeah that is true. Primewells are a sub-brand of firestone who dont have the best tires. But as far as I can tell they are nice especially for the price. I think the sidewalls are also much stornger then the falkens but I am comparing 18'' Falkens to 17'' Primewells. With my falkens I would never drive through NYC because I avoided potholes so much since my Falkens bubbled after about 3000 miles. So far Ive driven through NYC with primewell 5 times and they are excellent. Im so glad I got 17s they are much more comfortable for daily use.

blue8g
    so you're happy with them? i'm getting 2 of these just to hold me over until i either get 4 advan's or until i get rid of the g

Quote Originally Posted by blue8g View Post
    so you're happy with them? i'm getting 2 of these just to hold me over until i either get 4 advan's or until i get rid of the g
    No issues thus far. They suck-ish in snow, but still drive in snow no issues.