The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlights not lasting.

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Headlights not lasting.

I've gone through two sets of bulbs I've been using with my world spec two piece. The first were the Silverstars. They were nice and bright, and I would notice they would flicker and dim. Then eventually they went out. Any ieas?

maybe the heads aren't in tight and rattle?

my used HID's are still working 2 yrs later. maybe it's just the bulbs. my brother in laws envoy does that. he would burn a set of silverstars a year.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I burned through mine in three months.

By the way Kolio, what brand HID's are you using? What are the codes I need to refrence when ordering?
    Last edited by PogiGreg; 03-24-2009 at 10:55 AM

i bought them froma member here for $50. the ballasts are McCULLOCH and the bulbs are some el cheapo ebay ones that came with them.

i have put alot of driving on the bulbs and they still work great. 2 years

a tip to find a cheap set. the USDM 8G uses the bulb type for 7G JDM heads. so people selling HID kits form usdm 8g's work for us jdm 7G headlight guys

i also got rid of the high beams on the low beams.

ohh and the bulb type is H4 for the lows

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Honestly...silverstars are crappy bulbs. I had a set before too and they burnt out real fast....they werent even that much different from the stock bulbs, at least not to me. Agreed that HIDs are the way to go, no fillament to burn out with vibrations and things. Also check the wiring...for a bit there, I had issues with the bulbs burning out due to messed up wiring. I hear with the JDMs you have to slightly rewire some things, if there are any wires exposed or touching it could cause a short and burn out bulbs faster

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    use PIAA light bulbs i had the same problem with silverstars and got fed up of spending 45 bucks every 3 or 4 months so i started looking into diffrent brands then i came across PIAA i have them on my fogs and headlamp and i ran them for more then a year and i do lots and lots of night driving then got my HID's and the PIAA's where still working when i switch over

edit: make sure u stay under 55w light bulb u dont wanna burn ur wires
    03 I4

check the voltage at the plug for the bulbs. make sure you are getting the proper voltage.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Are the rubber cups on the back of the heads? If you keep the bulb open to the elements it will burn out quicker.

I figured out why I was burning head lights. My alternator was faulty. The voltage regulator was bad. I notice that while I was driving my lights would get dim. As i reved more, the lights would get brighter. Eventually they would flicker and burn out all together. I ordered a new alternator. So that should do it.