The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: License Plate Light Bulbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

License Plate Light Bulbs

ya so i saw the new lexus GS and wanted my license plate to light up like that. (that blue HID colour) and so i went to the local wal-mart thinking i could just get some blue bulbs and be set. well i buy them go put them on and well theyre white. theyre better than the dull color they were before but, there just plain white. not special at all. i guess im going to have to get a HID kit for my license plate lamps lol.
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Interesting use for an HID kit. Did you try led bulbs? Actually do they even make led bulbs for the license plate lights?
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

they make led bulbs in a 194 which is the size for the liscense plate bulb

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

the blue "film" over the peanut lights are what actually make 'em white. my lights are white except for the 2 bulbs in both the passenger and driver mirrors..(too lazy to take 'em out). my reverse lights are pretty damn bright too.

if you want blue bulbs, just go on ebay..but i don't think they make led 168 bulbs

i was kidding abut the HID, ya 168 and 194 are the same thing and they do make LEDs for em. the lights i have say NATURAL COLORED GLASS on the package.

LED's will do the trick, i have an LED on mine, its not that bright, I guess cuz the projection of the LED, but you can see it lit up pretty well. You would probably need a couple LEDs or get a different projection of one.

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

ohh..good to know they make leds for 'em..

these are what i have

they're pretty bright..i got them for $2..(100 Philippine pesos)

do u have a pic of them?

let me take a pic tonight..will post asap.

as promised with a little extra

my reverse lights

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    a detail about the new GS is that it has two lights as opposed to the G that only has one. Like mau posted.
    -Pedro

After reading the post I bought some 194 LED bulbs for the rear license plate frame. Wow, this is really bright now and even lights the ground behind the car. Its a solid white and gives the "HID" appearance look.

On another note, I am glad I did this because I had a burned out rear outer tail light which I never knew I had. Fixed 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Love,
    Matt

Instead of using the LED bulbs... has anyone ever used the actual screws that hold your license plate on that have built in lights on them?

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?...E4-92760A0A6ABB

ya those are nice but i wonder what the lexus people are using for theirs, they just seem so bright and blue. i wouldnt mess with those bolt lights because your would probably have to drill all the way thru the trunk since theyre so long

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    I have some 194 Hyperwhites in mine. And give a lot of lighting, probably not a good thing for me but good for the po-po's

I bought some blue lights at walmart as well, hoping they would give the neon blue color, but the color is mostly white.
    Still representing for St. Petersburg, Russia

Quote Originally Posted by mau
    ohh..good to know they make leds for 'em..

these are what i have

they're pretty bright..i got them for $2..(100 Philippine pesos)
    i just looked on ebay for these and they are about 17 shipped!

i'm gonna get some 2.50 shipped ones first, haha

ya i got mine from ebay from this guy from hong kong, i got my whole interior in leds its very clean n bright...just did it to my legacy also ill post pics tommow, of his leds cost 3$8 shipped for about 8 leds
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT
    ya i got mine from ebay from this guy from hong kong, i got my whole interior in leds its very clean n bright...just did it to my legacy also ill post pics tommow, of his leds cost 3$8 shipped for about 8 leds
    yeah i think i got it from him too just now

Aaron, what did you do with the blue 194 I gave a while ago... try getting LED 194 (12 LEDs or more bulb). Me and shortdogg2k05 has 'em and it's pretty bright like HIDs
    Edit: my bad, didn't see the original posting date

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast