The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8G galant altezzas <<<(NEW PIC!!)>>>>

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 201

Re: They are in production

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuMaster)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you guys dont beleive me call me @ Â*work 1-800-746-5331 est 8:30 till 5:00. Just ask for Marc thats me. </div>

that so does not make sense. if we don't believe you, why would we call u for u to repeat urself lol.

but yea i'll believe it when i see it. do u even know what style the tails will be? will they be regular altezza, the paintable tails, the retro style anything about them?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

i'll believe it when i see it. i have heard so many times about new tails coming out for our cars. until then, i'll stick with my 2002's.
    Love,
    Matt

Jeff
    I was on that website yesterday and I emailed them too. it turns out they use computer aided drafting to come up with their designs. Since I use CAD everyday at work and I'm certified in it, I hit them up to let me help customize some of the Galant tails. I'm hoping to recieve an e-mail back shortly so I'll keep you all posted...if this works, we won't be restricted to having the same damn altezzas that everyone else has...something new and original for us. click this link and check out the accord...that's the difference in styles that this company brings to the table...

http://www.simplymorespeed.com/eleurligbyty.html

I am starting to see more altezzas on full size trucks than on honda civics around here, its really sad, altezzas dont belong on F150s and Silvarados :x

Another sad thing is the fact that they have been made for those trucks for a long time but not for a galant until now :cry:

TGC Regular
    ya a lota trucks seem to have altezza's now its preety stupid i dont even think they belong on cars i almost got a is300 and i was gona order covers before i even got the car so i wouldnt have to drive with the altezza's on it...
    - Atba

I better thake my Alteezas off my truck then
    Love,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    I better thake my Alteezas off my truck then
    :shock: u better

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

T-O-P
    You guys are too harsh when it comes to Altezza's .. If they are so "played out" .. wouldn't H.I.D's be in the same boat? Altezza's looks good on certain cars and mods .. it doesn't take a genious to get creative when it comes to modding.

i dunno do altezzas serve any other purpose than looking "good"? i mean yea HID's look good to people but they also improved the vision capabilities by having improved lighting.

T-O-P
    Who cares if they serve a purpose? It's a mod. Do body kits serve a purpose? Do underglow body kits serve a purpose? Just make sure you got the vision of your car down and it probably wouldn't look bad.

Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by T-O-P
    You guys are too harsh when it comes to Altezza's .. If they are so "played out" .. wouldn't H.I.D's be in the same boat? Altezza's looks good on certain cars and mods .. it doesn't take a genious to get creative when it comes to modding.
    They are played out, they are put on trucks... trucks of all things. Yes, they do look good on some cars and colors. But most of the time, they kinda look stupid on any car/truck/whatever.

TGC Regular
    Who cares if they serve a purpose? It's a mod. Do body kits serve a purpose? Do underglow body kits serve a purpose? Just make sure you got the vision of your car down and it probably wouldn't look bad.
    in the end its just personal choice if you like it get it, but a lot of people on here dont and also others who do were not telling you not to get them were saying we dont like them..
    - Atba

Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    i dunno do altezzas serve any other purpose than looking "good"? i mean yea HID's look good to people but they also improved the vision capabilities by having improved lighting.
    And what's wrong with buying something to make your car look "good"??You of all people should understand and appreciate that Allan. How many mods do you have on your car that serve absolutely no purpose other than looks?

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    And what's wrong with buying something to make your car look "good"??You of all people should understand and appreciate that Allan. How many mods do you have on your car that serve absolutely no purpose other than looks?

Chip
    for the record lol. my mods are used to attract chicks. and give me something to do lol. such lines have been used to pick up gurls...

"i got rims yo~!"
    "you gots to give me your gurl, she's going with me. my spoiler's bigger than yours"
    "this isn't my mommy's car, she borrows it from me"
    "i can drive"
    and my personal favorite
    "that emblem isn't there just for looks, i really do have a v6 under there"

I have a PS2 in my car so I can play PS2 on smoke breaks from work...

But , yeah...its an individual decision.. what YOU think looks good on YOUR car.. me, personally I dislike Altezza/Euro Tail lights.. just the other day I saw this 90 year old lady rollin a 2001 Civic with Altezza lights!! Now that was some funny shit...
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

I will get the Alteezas because you do not see any Galants with them. And even after these come out, you probably still wont see alot of Galants with them. Now of course, if they look cheesy, I wont get them. But I like the style of some Alteeza lights and true they should not be on all cars, but if they are designed right (like the ones Rich PS'd) I think they would look nice on our cars.
    Love,
    Matt

T-O-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55

Chip
    for the record lol. my mods are used to attract chicks. and give me something to do lol. such lines have been used to pick up gurls...

"i got rims yo~!"
    "you gots to give me your gurl, she's going with me. my spoiler's bigger than yours"
    "this isn't my mommy's car, she borrows it from me"
    "i can drive"
    and my personal favorite
    "that emblem isn't there just for looks, i really do have a v6 under there"
    Oh no, Please tell me you don't use those sentences for pickup lines, those won't even pickup chics as big as Pop 'n Fresh on weight gainer

huh?

HID's are typicallly used for better night vision, not merely for looks. altezza's do not make it easier for you to be seen or for you to see and they are pretty much by definition, just for looks. not to mention, you will not see as many cars w/ and HID conversion as you will w/ an altezza type conversion since altezza's are cheap and easy to find for most cars. HID kits run from $400-$1000 conservatively. i doubt that the average import tuner would spend that kind of money on their headlights when other mods are easier and cheaper... altezza's are "easy", cheap and very noticable. it is the patented "all-show-no-go" mod, and that is the reason why many enthusiasts prefer not to have them. altezza's do not add any benifit to functionality and are very high profile. what i mean is, they try to emulate the look of another car (a faster car) but do not help in that respect.

i personally don't hate altezza's... in fact i applaude companies that can produce and market these to the masses of mindless consumers... they are making lots of money on civics and the like. now i have to be fair here: if your car is not just a stock car w/ altezzas and you truly have put in the effort w/ other mods both perfomance and appearance, then altezza's will either help to complete the package or ruin it... but at least that is not the central focus of your mods. ONE HUGE GRIPE ALOT OF US HAVE W/ ALTEZZA'S IS THAT PEOPLE PUT THEM ON AS THEIR ONLY MOD! or one of their few, then they go out and rev on other tuners.

the problem w/ the galant ever getting altezzas is that THIS CAR IS NOT A SPORTS COMPACT. the majority of galant buyers are CONSERVATIVE. we are the 1% that ever change anything on this car. even if altezza's come out for the galant, the company that brings them to market will lose money... the demand is NOT THERE. even if 100 of us would kill people to get these made, that wouldn't even put a dent in the production and R&D costs.

so although i will not b getting altezza's if they do arrive, i do have HID. actually i have dual beam HID (2 kits) in JDM 1 piece housings... my car must be twice as played out.

Jeff
    wow...way to voice ur opinion. i agree with your logic...my only reason for wanting the tails is because almost all of my mods are on the front, interior or under the hood of my car. the only noticeable mod from the rear is my muffler. I like setting my car apart from the norm, so if these don't come through, I will more than likely pick up the JDM tails, just to be different from all of the stock 8G's around PA. so yes, when I mod the tails...it'll be strictly for looks. Forgive me for this, but it's the same reason people put stickers on their car...no performance there, although some of us joke about it all the time.

T-O-P
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    huh?

HID's are typicallly used for better night vision, not merely for looks. altezza's do not make it easier for you to be seen or for you to see and they are pretty much by definition, just for looks. not to mention, you will not see as many cars w/ and HID conversion as you will w/ an altezza type conversion since altezza's are cheap and easy to find for most cars. HID kits run from $400-$1000 conservatively. i doubt that the average import tuner would spend that kind of money on their headlights when other mods are easier and cheaper... altezza's are "easy", cheap and very noticable. it is the patented "all-show-no-go" mod, and that is the reason why many enthusiasts prefer not to have them. altezza's do not add any benifit to functionality and are very high profile. what i mean is, they try to emulate the look of another car (a faster car) but do not help in that respect.

i personally don't hate altezza's... in fact i applaude companies that can produce and market these to the masses of mindless consumers... they are making lots of money on civics and the like. now i have to be fair here: if your car is not just a stock car w/ altezzas and you truly have put in the effort w/ other mods both perfomance and appearance, then altezza's will either help to complete the package or ruin it... but at least that is not the central focus of your mods. ONE HUGE GRIPE ALOT OF US HAVE W/ ALTEZZA'S IS THAT PEOPLE PUT THEM ON AS THEIR ONLY MOD! or one of their few, then they go out and rev on other tuners.

the problem w/ the galant ever getting altezzas is that THIS CAR IS NOT A SPORTS COMPACT. the majority of galant buyers are CONSERVATIVE. we are the 1% that ever change anything on this car. even if altezza's come out for the galant, the company that brings them to market will lose money... the demand is NOT THERE. even if 100 of us would kill people to get these made, that wouldn't even put a dent in the production and R&D costs.

so although i will not b getting altezza's if they do arrive, i do have HID. actually i have dual beam HID (2 kits) in JDM 1 piece housings... my car must be twice as played out.
    Nah man, you trippin' .. I'm not dissin' H.I.D's .. I was just trying to make a point that Altezza's is a mod for a car, if it looks good, put it on! I like H.I.D's and always will. Altezza's HAS to be done right for a car IMO. Altezza's wouldn't be the first thing I do though, it would be a last thing on my mod list .. I'm tryin' to be open minded here!

At least Altezza's don't look so bad to other people as 10 foot wings and yellow spray paint interior on a 78' civic with a missin' headlight or nothing.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast