The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Climate Control unit does not work...

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    clone2020

Climate Control unit does not work...

When I turn the fan speed knob to the right, I DON'T hear/feel an increase in air flow/fan speed.

The blower WILL NOT engage and both the defrost & recirculate buttons below the fan speed knob DO NOT turn on (light up).

I've checked the fuses (left driverside panel), relays (under hood), and tested the climate control for continuity on each circuit described in the Service Manual.

I don't have any more ideas on what to check.

-Mike.

do the knobs turn freely or do they have some kinda resistance like normal. if they turn freely, the cables connecting it might have come off or snapped

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Re: Climate Control unit does not work...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone2020)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I just replaced the blue bulbs and now it won't blow air.

-Mike.</div>
    you probably forgot to plug the blower switch back in.

clone2020
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>do the knobs turn freely or do they have some kinda resistance like normal. if they turn freely, the cables connecting it might have come off or snapped</div>

The left (heat/cold) & right (duct/vent directions) knobs have resistance...center knob that controls the fan speed feels the same but no air...

I think the blower is all electrical...because there are no "brake" cord to it compared to the heat/direction knobs. There are 2 connectors in the center of the climate unit...and they are both plugged in...

That's why I think I may have blown something...like the fuse or even the blower it self...but I don't know where the blower fuse is...I checked the normal spots but all the fuses are good...

clone2020

Re: Climate Control unit does not work...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone2020)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I just replaced the blue bulbs and now it won't blow air.

-Mike.</div>
    you probably forgot to plug the blower switch back in.</div>

I checked it...and it's plugged in...do you think I blew a fuse? or damaged the blower? I removed the climate control unit and installed it back with the engine off...

-Mike.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone2020)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>do the knobs turn freely or do they have some kinda resistance like normal. if they turn freely, the cables connecting it might have come off or snapped</div>

They move freely...</div>

did u reconnect the cables to the climate control unit? how about the temperature knob? if u put it on hot, does hot air come out?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

clone2020
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clone2020)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>do the knobs turn freely or do they have some kinda resistance like normal. if they turn freely, the cables connecting it might have come off or snapped</div>

They move freely...</div>

did u reconnect the cables to the climate control unit? how about the temperature knob? if u put it on hot, does hot air come out?</div>

Nothing comes out because the blower does not engage...

the blower must be on first...

-Mike.

clone2020
    I still need help on this one.

My Climate control fan will not engage? Any ideas?

-Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    Quote Originally Posted by clone2020
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    do the knobs turn freely or do they have some kinda resistance like normal. if they turn freely, the cables connecting it might have come off or snapped
    They move freely...
    did u reconnect the cables to the climate control unit? how about the temperature knob? if u put it on hot, does hot air come out?
    Damn Allan, if you'd read his post it says the blower isn't working. That means no air is coming out....

Mike, There's a heater control fuse in the passenger compartment. It's number 16. It's a 30 amp fuse. I think the blower is on there. There's also a relay in the fuse box under the hood for the blower. You might want to unplug that and plug it back in.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Damn Allan, if you'd read his post it says the blower isn't working. That means no air is coming out....Chip
    </div>

I still get airflow and heat coming with the blower set to zero.... atleast while im moving :?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Damn Allan, if you'd read his post it says the blower isn't working. That means no air is coming out....Chip
    </div>

I still get airflow and heat coming with the blower set to zero.... atleast while im moving :?</div>
    That's because you have the outside airflow open. If you hit the recirculate button, you won't get any air coming in, even if you're moving.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

clone2020
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    </div>

I still get airflow and heat coming with the blower set to zero.... atleast while im moving :?</div>

I get a small amount of air flow when it's on ZERO but the blower DOES NOT engage when I turn the fan speed switch.

I checked the fuses and relay switches. They are OK.

I might just have to take it to the dealer. : (

clone2020
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T.S.)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    </div>

That's because you have the outside airflow open. If you hit the recirculate button, you won't get any air coming in, even if you're moving. </div>

Whether or not the circulation is set to inside or outside, it doesn't matter.

When I turn the fan speed knob to the right, I DO NOT hear/feel an increase in air flow.

THE BLOWER/FAN DOES NOT WORK.

I checked the fuses, relays, and tested the climate control for continuity on each circuit described in the Service Manual.

I don't have any more ideas on what to check.

Yep, sounds like the blower went out or you have a broken circuit to power the blower. If you can find the blower, you might be able to test it for current and continuity and possible isolate it to a short or something.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>