The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6A12TT in Honda Integra DC2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    talk about shoehorning something
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Honda fanboys must of outcasted you

Very nice install...definitely alot of work to get that big boy in there.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    Very nice,

Most people usually use a TD05 off an evo 6-9 for a single turbo upgrade, or you can check out replacing the TD025's with either TD03's or TD04's. The TD04's you can use are the ones off the later WRX's with the straight intake pipe as opposed to the bent one on earlier models.

These motors can handle up to about 360hp before major problems like snapping rods and blowing pistons etc becomes an almost everyday event. You'll have to get custom rods, pistons and a crank if you want fully forged internals. Seeing as you are in Australia you could also look at getting the parts Cryo'd as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    contact a member named Goku. he is pushing like 300 to the wheels

lol, Not quite, it's just over 320 at the fly, not the wheels at the moment ;)
    Last edited by Goku; 03-26-2009 at 02:05 PM
    1994 Galant VR-4 GOKUH ( 230kw atw )
    2000 Legnum VR-4 ( Daily, 155.5kw atw )
    1997 Legnum VR-4 - Yes Another one
    1995 FTO - V6 Mivec 200hp

Crazy shiet bro! ill give you props for originality, but damn, id hate to see you make a turn in that car. Good luck, solid work from what i see.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

It was quite a pain getting it in there yep

And yeah i did cop it quite a bit on the honda forums. Most workshops down here had nothing to say either. Funny enough it was a honda workshop that did it!

Thanks people!

The car has taken me almost 5 yrs to build from scratch! We've done the brakes, 3inch exhaust system was a bitch too, cv's, hubs, cambers, suspension, not to mention that disgustingly messy piping work (which is now getting redone because of the turbo).

I think i've decided on my turbo. Its the Trust TD05SH-18G, and its good for 300-400hp.

Its just too much fiddling around if i kept the current twin turbo setup.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know someone who does forge internals for this motor and ships international?
    6A12TT powered Honda Integra

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6a12 TEGY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

awesome I can try to figure out how fast that thing can be.....!!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 6A12TTDC2 View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know someone who does forge internals for this motor and ships international?

No one, they only do parts for the 6A13TT, you'll have to find someone to make some for you, try ralliart Australia, as ralliart NZ will get them made for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    No one, they only do parts for the 6A13TT, you'll have to find someone to make some for you, try ralliart Australia, as ralliart NZ will get them made for you.
    Ball park figure?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Wiseco will make you custom pistons for a decent price. Im not sure who can make custom rods.
    7g for life!

I'm dumbfounded lol

I never though it was possible to make something good out of a honda :)

jk.. Great work.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 6A12TTDC2 View Post
    Ball park figure?

Well, for a set of pistons alone for the 6A13TT through Ralliart (before another place started manufacturing them) you were looking at about 2.5k that was NZ dollars though. As for rods, I'm not sure if they can get them made too, you'd be best to flick Ralliart Aus or Ralliart NZ an email and see which one gives the better deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Goku View Post
    Well, for a set of pistons alone for the 6A13TT through Ralliart (before another place started manufacturing them) you were looking at about 2.5k that was NZ dollars though. As for rods, I'm not sure if they can get them made too, you'd be best to flick Ralliart Aus or Ralliart NZ an email and see which one gives the better deal.
    Cheers thanks dude :)

nice project, but yah it wouldn've been a b!tch to do..

about forge internals.. go talk to Dave from RPW.. I'm pretty sure he can get them.. but is quite pricey..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12