The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight EyeLid

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Headlight EyeLid

Hey!

I was looking all over internet for headlight eyelid but i cant find any for 7G Galant........ anyone has them or now where to buy them?

TGC Regular
    they have to be custom made. Very rarely are you going to find little things like that mass produced. Your best bet is to know someone that has one ( i dont belive n e one on here has them) or just custom make it yourself.

Proto
    They don't make them. The ones I've seen put on the 7G are made of vinyl.. 4-G-Rim could answer this question perfectly for you.

maybe im wrong but there's not lip or eyelid for galants so u have to built it or if u want to make it look like u have eyelid and u dont want to spent too much money. U should go to buy a spray to paint just a lil line to make it look like u got eyelid at least thats what i did and ima post pics later cuz im not at home yet...!!!ok later
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

Yep, make them. You could use tape of if you're skilled with tools, I would suggest visiting a plastic/acrylic store like Tap Plastic and buying a sheet of colored plastic, cutting it to specs, and then using a heat gun to mold it to the headlights. I did this over 20 years ago with my first car for an 11th grade plastics class project, came out pretty cool, too. Secure it to the headlight with double sided tape.

If you got money to blow, my last suggestion would be to buy GTS smoke headlight covers and make eyeliners or eyebrows from those.

http://www.spiderautomotive.com/smokclearcar.html (then select 1994-1998 Galant from the drop down box)

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    They don't make them. The ones I've seen put on the 7G are made of vinyl.. 4-G-Rim could answer this question perfectly for you.
    I did this a long time ago with my old 95 Galant. Your base vinyl will have to be solid black because if you use a single layer lighter color it will be transparent and not look good at all.

Once you apply your base black layer..you apply whatever color you want on top of the black vinyl and you are done. This takes some time and a steady hand while you cut the vinyl with a exacto knife.

Here are a couple of pic of my old 95 7g.

Here is a pic of -G-rim with eyelids

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    Hey 4grim what bumper is that and the lip????
    thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    97-98 7b front bumper with a custom lip I made awhile back.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    If you dont mind me asking what did you make it out of. I can do the rest but idk if it was a lip for an acura or somthing..

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    I did this a long time ago with my old 95 Galant. Your base vinyl will have to be solid black because if you use a single layer lighter color it will be transparent and not look good at all.

Once you apply your base black layer..you apply whatever color you want on top of the black vinyl and you are done. This takes some time and a steady hand while you cut the vinyl with a exacto knife.

x2 - Yep, vinyl is the way to go. I used the same thing before and it held up pretty well under extreme weather.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post

Here are a couple of pic of my old 95 7g.

Here is a pic of -G-rim with eyelids
    yup yup bro he's right i did with a lighter color spray and when i painted it was too transparent so just wait a few second and repaint it do it like 3 to 4 times and it will turn perfect....!!!
    PS: use tape to make the eyelid...!!! or u can use the sticker paper and paste to make the eyelip....!!!
    just throwing ideas...!!
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

so first vinyl tape and then spray paint the color i want?? should take the headlights off or i can do it while headlight are on the car , also any tips with cutting the vinyl tape on the light so its equal on both sides?

u dont have to take out ure headlights but if u take it out will be easier for u to do this mod....
    ok here we go and ima let u know how i did mines ok....!!!

* thing that you will need:
    1.some news paper.
    2.Tape.
    3.Color spray.

steps
    1.Try to cover everything around the headlight.. with the news paper and the tape..
    2.put a band of tape to make the eyelid that you are going to paint.
    3.cover the rest of the headlight that you are not going to paint with the news paper and you can paste it with the tape..!!
    4.after you cover all your headlight.. you can start to throw the paint with the spray..!!
    #4 repit it a few times to make it look dark...!!

PS: if you get a lighter color spray make sure to repaint it at least 3 times..!!!
    you can check it, turnin the lights on and see how transparent it looks so if still transparent repainted again..!!! dont take the news paper untill you are sure that its looks as u want it...!!!

sorry i have not pics of my process...!! =(
    Last edited by sponcar; 03-26-2009 at 07:47 PM
    I sure don't, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    u dont have to take out ure headlights but if u take it out will be easier for u to do this mod....
    ok here we go and ima let u know how i did mines ok....!!!

* thing that you will need:
    1.some news paper.
    2.Tape.
    3.Color spray.

steps
    1.Try to cover everything around the headlight.. with the news paper and the tape..
    2.put a band of tape to make the eyelid that you are going to paint.
    3.cover the rest of the headlight that you are not going to paint with the news paper and you can paste it with the tape..!!
    4.after you cover all your headlight.. you can start to throw the paint with the spray..!!
    #4 repit it a few times to make it look dark...!!

PS: if you get a lighter color spray make sure to repaint it at least 3 times..!!!
    you can check it, turnin the lights on and see how transparent it looks so if still transparent repainted again..!!! dont take the news paper untill you are sure that its looks as u want it...!!!

sorry i have not pics of my process...!! =(
    do i have to have some special tape or duck tape works? your tutorial is pretty good , thank you , just the question about Tape........ also did u ever tried black housing??? I was thinking about puttin black housing , clear corner put hyperwhite signals and the eyelid...... i think that would nice custom headlight.

sounds like you'll be good DIY but if you want eclipse4eva on the club4g eclipse forums has made eyelids for the 9g he might be able to do something for you though i dont know if he has any 7g headlights lying around