The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1991 JDM Galant VR-4 Evolution

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fuel View Post
    4-G-rim I noticed your 1991 VR-4 has the vanity plates 'EVO ZERO'.. surely you'ld know all about the true Evolution VR-4s???
    Yes...I have heard of them the first to be truly badge "Evolution" right before WRC rules and regulation changes to smaller chassis production vehicles to participate in the WRC.

There has been a big debate between E38/E39 Galant VR4 owners and some Evo owners that our GVR4's are the true "EVO 0" but the proof is in the pudding for the model produced like yours named from Mitsu as a "Evolution". Our Galants are simply the precursor to the Lancer Evolution and if the WRC didn't change the rules and regulations it would be Mitsubishi Galant vs. Subaru Legacy to this day instead of the Lancer Evolution vs. Subaru Impreza WRX

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

damnzzz no fair why does NZ get all the good sheizzz and Us (Aussies) get all the crap stuff!

sexy non the less...

Quote Originally Posted by JayRome View Post
    damnzzz no fair why does NZ get all the good sheizzz and Us (Aussies) get all the crap stuff!

sexy non the less...
    haha i was just about to say that regarding both NZ and Australia.. you guys have some sweet rides down there..

thats a gorgeous vr4 i am 100% jealous

wow so I haven't posted about this car here in over three years. In that time I had moved to Australia to live for two years and now I am here in the UK living here for the next two years! The poor VR-4 is just stored away in my mother's garage and hardly sees the light of day any more :(

Every time I get to NZ I give it a good shake-down though. Not long before I left for Australia I decided to upgrade the OE manifold to a EvoIII one as they flow better, but at the same time I saw damage to the turbo compressor wheel and decided to overhaul the turbo and upgrade the wheel and housing to a 20G unit.

exhaust wheel was back-cut approx 7deg too

comparison between new and old

evoIII manifold, turbo and high flow down-pipe together ready to go on

the new setup goes very well and pulled much harder in the midrange and top end and surprisingly not much noticeable extra lag.

as I had two full sets plus a spare of the OE rims I picked out the best four and refurbished them sanding them down and repainting with some clear over top, I think they came out pretty well. I had two sets of center caps too - a set with the logo and a set without.

and back on the car shod with a NOS set of Potenza GIII tyres

some more interior shots

lovely car, great condition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12