The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i4 vs v6 manual parts

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

i4 vs v6 manual parts

Any one know what parts from the v6 manual eclipse will swap into our i4's.. Will the pedals and shifter assembly work? Thanks
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    everything except the tranny, Clutch/flywheel and slave cylinder should be the same. There is a chance the master cylinder is different, but im not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Yea its different. I tried it and it didn't work when i did my swap

dang. we'll keep looking John

Thanks for the info guys.. so just to clarify the pedals and shifter assembly should work? I looked them up and found different part numbers for the clutch pedals for the v6 and i4 but they look the same thats why I ask... if it does work qnz will be in luck...
    Last edited by Johnathansgalant; 03-29-2009 at 12:01 AM
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

When I ordered my parts from msrecycling they made sure to ask what engine I had. All I got from them was the pedal ass., shifter and cables, and master cylinder. But he acted like it was big deal wgat engine I had.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnathansgalant View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.. so just to clarify the pedals and shifter assembly should work? I looked them up and found different part numbers for the clutch pedals for the v6 and i4 but they look the same thats why I ask... if it does work qnz will be in luck...
    If jojo says the master is different, then the clutch pedal might be different too as it attaches to the master. The shifter itself and the brake pedal SHOULD be the same, only one way to find out. The cables should be the same too.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

the clutch master, pedals, shifter and shifter cables are the same, i used v6 parts when i did my swap, the clutch, flywheel, slaves, and transmissions are different, the transmission mounts are the same

I know that the pedals are the same for sure bc thats what i have on my i4. I tried using the clutch master from the v6 and it did not work idk maybe it was defective.

possible, when i bought my clutch master for my swap because my orignal was defective, i got one for a v6

thanks thats what i wanted to hear. I appreciate the help

Clutch master cylinders are interchangeable between I-4 and V6s, they are the same inside diameter (5/8" to be exact), the only difference is that the v6 has a damper under it for suppressing some vibrations that your foot will feel when shifting at some engine rpms, nothing else. Actually I'm using a I-4 cylinder in my car and works flawlessly.

Also, brake and clutch pedals, along shifter assembly and shifter cables are the same between both I4 and V6.

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...