The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 92 Galant

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    TGC Regular

92 Galant

I currlenty own a 1992 galant. sohc .4g63 rulez. for your infomation. It has 200785 miles on it. i just put a new clutch set in. I allready did

Alternator
    Battery
    Head Lights
    Timing Belt
    Spark Plug/Wires
    Keep up on my oil changes.
    raditor hoses

what else should i do. It has good tires and brakes.Its quiet for a high miles car. i bought it in october at 192202 miles and never really had a problem and want to keep it that way and keep the car for a long time.The car body is in very good shape. minor scarthes and small dent. I heard people get more miles out of this 4g63 motor. i would like to be another one of those owners.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    When you did your timing belt did you change your water pump along with the tensioner pulley, idler pulley, crank seal, cam seal, oil pump seal?

Is it a automatic or manual?

6g's are well built cars...very solid.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    manual. i only did the belts. every thing else looks good. i want to do my pvc patch a few very small holes on my trunk because of that metal spoiler cargo carrier on top of my trunk .and it has a new clutch set as of friday and alternator /battery as of this afternoon.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Well the car should run for many years more. Not sure if you replaced the water pump..but if you didnt its probably a good time to do it or at least should of be done when the Tbelt was done.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    that what im hoping for. r u going to the pa meet on the 26 of april in valley forge