The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear Door Speakers!?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Rear Door Speakers!?

This weekend I went out and bought (2) 6 1/4" speakers and fitted them to the rear door panels, now I just need to cut out the holes in the door panels to fit them since there were none stock!? Has anyone else out there done something like this or does the 8g galant come stock with speakers there?! Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Asierra_999; 03-30-2009 at 11:08 AM

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    8g does not come stock with this.. you wont really hear the speakers over your 6x9's in the rear deck anyway

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    No the 8G does not have stock speakers in the rear doors, only the front doors and the rear deck lid.

Damn zigen you beat me too it! :)

Hmm well they are installed and working, & I can clearly notice a difference, as well as input from the rear passenger ha I just need to fix the door panels they are currently off..
    Last edited by Asierra_999; 03-30-2009 at 11:17 AM

ive contemplated this idea of placing speakers in the rear doors, but never went throuh with it. I have though, outfitted some tweeters in there though because i wanted more separation between the speakers and it sounds amazing. I'm personally pleased with how it came out. Glad to hear that yours is coming along well.

Thank you for the input!! Ill be sure to post Pics when I finish tonight! Thanks!

I didnt quite finish last night but heres whats done so far!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    I have had some similar plans to do this as well, but a lil bit different. When I eventually do it I will post pix as well. Ive seen this done before, & I have a pic of it on my computer, but it doesnt have internet. Looks good so far, keep up the good work.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Fill in those edges with something and you, sir, deserve a standing ovation.

Interior looks really good too by the way.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    After seeing all this interior work, you have to have some expierence somewhere. Nice work

looks great! tutorial pleease? :)

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin3 View Post
    Fill in those edges with something and you, sir, deserve a standing ovation.

Interior looks really good too by the way.
    Any ideas on how to fill those edges?! Thank you I appreciate the good feedback!

eh...looks ok. what i might have done was mount the speaker and then cut a smaller speaker hole and try to get a speaker girlle to fit the contours of the door panel

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by Asierra_999 View Post
    Any ideas on how to fill those edges?! Thank you I appreciate the good feedback!
    A fiberglass ring if you could be accurate enough with it to make it fit flush.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    or you can take the grill off the speaker.... take the boor panel off and afix the grill to the door itsself so it covers the hole.. have the lowest point in doorpanel sit flush with the back of the speaker so the grill recesses into the door panel

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6 View Post
    eh...looks ok. what i might have done was mount the speaker and then cut a smaller speaker hole and try to get a speaker girlle to fit the contours of the door panel
    Eh lets see you do it then!? Because what you mentioned is exactly the route I took when trying this, its not easy!
    I tried with what tools I had, I think it looks ok. Like I said its not flawless!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZigenScarface View Post
    or you can take the grill off the speaker.... take the boor panel off and afix the grill to the door itsself so it covers the hole.. have the lowest point in doorpanel sit flush with the back of the speaker so the grill recesses into the door panel
    Ill try this thanks!
    I just want to get rid of the gaps! Thanks again!

Mounting the grille to the door panel would be easiest, but it looks like you already cut the hole as big around as the outside of the grille, not the inside diameter.

Quote Originally Posted by Asierra_999 View Post
    Eh lets see you do it then!?
    sure. give me a pair of spekers and some door panels to modify.

what youngin3 says is correct. you'd have an easier time if the hole you cut was smaller than the outside diameter of the speaker grille.

with the hole being bigger you now need something to bridge the gap between the speaker grille and the door panel.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast