The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trunk Issue

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Trunk Issue

OK, here's the deal. A friend of mine who also has a 8G, got an issue with his trunk, not being able to open it, to be exact. He has a custom sub enclosure, so he can't get to the cable from the inside through the back seat. And he can't use the latch next to the driver seat because the cable is broken. His G is a 99, but he got the 02-03 garnish, so he can't use the key. Currently we're trying to find a way to open the trunk without damaging any of the components. Any suggestions?

unskrew the garnish, pop it off, use your key

Quote Originally Posted by dwjp90 View Post
    unskrew the garnish, pop it off, use your key
    That sounds like it should work... Will keep you updated! :)

also dont force the key, if it doesnt pup off easily then theres something either stuck/broken. at the junk yard i needed a part of the trunk and couldnt get it open, i crawled through the back seat hole (where the little guy pulls down) and then i pulled on the "Help me im stuck in the trunk" Handle and pushed up on the trunk with a good amount of force. Good Luck bud

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

OK, looks like we might have to weld it off afterall. His damn lock is broken too!

I had the rear end of my car hit before. Took it to the shop and had them repair it they didnt do that good of a job. My key lock for the trunk seems to work only when it wants to also. Anyhow long story short if I sit there long enough and wiggle and giggle the key enough some times it will open. Just a suggestion you might want to try that first before cutting things up. Good luck!

also a flat head skrewdriver and hammer might be able to fix your problem, but you will need a new lock/possibly latch

OK, we'll try that this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexey View Post
    OK, looks like we might have to weld it off afterall. His damn lock is broken too!
    "weld it off" ???? Just messing with you man:D,,,I hope you figure something out. Let us know how it goes. Also,,I don't know b-cuz I've never had my back seat off, but if you remove the back seat entirely, could you maybe get to it somehow(the oh shit I'm stuck in the trunk strap thingy)?????