The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7Gers with a spare flywheel or flywheel bolts, need favor

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

7Gers with a spare flywheel or flywheel bolts, need favor

I need a measurement taken. The oe-replacement flywheel I got from the retards-who-dont-give-a-crap-about-their-job at autozone looks way too deep. So deep I'm sure the flywheel bolts won't be able to make it through to the crank.

I've swept through the service manual and DSMTuners, and there's no info on this. I need to know how long a 5spd flywheel bolt is from head to tail, OR, how deep the holes are in the center of the flywheel that the bolts go through. Both would be great. Your girlfriend delivering the results would be even better.

thanks
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    if you want a used Fidanza aluminum flywheel i have one. I also have an Ebay lightened oem flywheel.
    The Fidanza was honestly on the car from Oct '06 to Sept '07.
    Fidanza

Lightened oem (will throw in for $10 bucks extra)
    Last edited by Blue Ice; 03-30-2009 at 10:33 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Hey Matt...I measured the depth of one of the center mounting holes on my fidanza flywheel and its 10cm deep. If you can wait till the end of the week, I will have my new flywheel bolts coming in from Mitsu and I can measure those.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    If you have access to CAPS, it tells you the bolt length in CAPS. I would offer to do it, but CAPS is on my desktop which recently shit the bed. Ask fatal1, he just got CAPS. All you need to give him is the part#.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Hey Matt...I measured the depth of one of the center mounting holes on my fidanza flywheel and its 10cm deep. If you can wait till the end of the week, I will have my new flywheel bolts coming in from Mitsu and I can measure those.
    well that settles it. i assume you meant mm, not cm. 10mm sure doesn't equal 16mm, which is the depth of one of mine on this junker flywheel. i knew it....

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    If you have access to CAPS, it tells you the bolt length in CAPS. I would offer to do it, but CAPS is on my desktop which recently shit the bed. Ask fatal1, he just got CAPS. All you need to give him is the part#.
    wow, how about that, it does. i've never seen bolt lengths listed before in caps. says 21.2mm is the length. that would leave 5mm, or 1/5", of length left in the bolt to grap the crank through this "OE" flywheel from AZ. and that's still not calculating the fact that the bolt holes don't sit flush on the flywheel, it's raised by that lip. what a joke.....

thanks guys, returning the flywheel. gonna break down and by a fidanza.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I believe fandanza is a good choice... I have one with an RPS turbo max clutch in my evo and haven't had any problems like slipping/lock out.

I also have a streetlite flywheel in the galant but iam sure my oem clutch is slipping now.

I plan on reshaving the flywheel and going with a full Kevlar disk south bend disk and act2100 Pressure plate....
    ---||| 97Galant, E3 16G, Safc, 5spd,Drifter Body |||---

if you guys have spare
    i need one, with the bolts? I am doing a swap 94621