The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear Speakers

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    sickynar9

Rear Speakers

So anybody have any ideas on what i could have blown up by accidentally shorting the power and ground on the drivers rear speaker? The speaker didn't make any noise except a pop like a fuse. Now both the rear speakers dont work. The front ones still work fine. I checked the fuse under the hood(i think #23) and the one inside(i think #3).

Could i have blown the channels on the amp?
    Could i have blown both the rear speakers(not likely)
    Is there possibly another fuse on the factory amp?
    Is it possible to get the factory amp out without taking out the dash?

2004 Galant GTS with infinity sound 67K

first off what did u do? most likely speakers are blown...get a volt tester and test if your getting power to them.

time to upgrade! factory amp is in the glove compartment, ur gonna have to remove it and is on the right side
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

sickynar9
    haha well honestly i was trying to test the voltage when i blew them. Turns out you have to make sure you have a multimeter in the voltage port not the amperage. SHIT! oh well

but i dont think they speakers are blown cuz i dont know why it would blow both at the same time

i think im gonna get an rca inverter and run a signal from the front speakers then back to an amp. Then run the speakers off that amp and get another amp for my sub. I think that'll work but correct me if im wrong

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    i dont understand what you were trying to test? best way to test is in ohms...

sickynar9
    i was trying to put in an RCA line out so i was testing to see the what was the power and what was the ground. except now i have no rear speakers and no place to put my line out so i cant even hook the sub up anymore