The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: torque specs for header on 02 galant es? 4cyl

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    soundQ

torque specs for header on 02 galant es? 4cyl

neone know i recently bought a obx header and dont know the torque specs

Experienced TGC Member
    IDK the tq specs but i know i just do it pretty tight but not over kill. Dont gorilla kill the bolts. Just remember to go from the middle out and tighten little by litte. I.E. tigthen 1/4 way from the center out then go back and tighten again and keep doing that till you feel as if its good enough. Someone may say differently but thats how i do mine.

soundQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19 View Post
    IDK the tq specs but i know i just do it pretty tight but not over kill. Dont gorilla kill the bolts. Just remember to go from the middle out and tighten little by litte. I.E. tigthen 1/4 way from the center out then go back and tighten again and keep doing that till you feel as if its good enough. Someone may say differently but thats how i do mine.
    only reason i asked cause i know the gasket needs little room to expand when warm and most cars torque isnt to high somewhere around 8 lbs i think but i just wanted to make sure

Wrong area This should be in 8G customizing the car.

If you cant finger it out use the two torque method use a regular socket wrench and tighten til your 2 veins pop out. Thats how we tightened everything at the shop when we re assembled unless we used an air ratchet

soundQ
    Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    Wrong area This should be in 8G customizing the car.

If you cant finger it out use the two torque method use a regular socket wrench and tighten til your 2 veins pop out. Thats how we tightened everything at the shop when we re assembled unless we used an air ratchet
    ok then do u know best way to remove bolts from stock header with out snapping them? and should i repalce them with new ones or is it ok to use same ones.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Service manual says for SOHC exhaust manifold nut requires 13lbs of torque. I suggest also to apply some high temp nickle anti seize on the nuts before you torque them down.

BTW: moving to proper section.
    Last edited by 4-G-rim; 03-31-2009 at 09:55 PM

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Service manual says for SOHC exhaust manifold nut requires 13lbs of torque. I suggest also to apply some high temp nickle anti seize on the nuts before you torque them down.

BTW: moving to proper section.
    G-rim to the rescue. Definitely put anti seize. It helps everything. Also be careful about 13 I would dial it down like 1 ft/lb to be safe then after everything is tightened go back and do it at 13