The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G problems again...still not fixed. WTF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 42 of 42
    Well I don't have to worry about passing inspection for another year and a half or so. But the CEL came back on a couple days ago. Scanned it last night. P0400 EGR Flow malfunction. I cleared it out last night. It came up a few weeks ago when it was cold out also. Like I said earlier in this post I replaced the EGR valve with a used one. I didn't replace the gasket. I used the one that I had on the car already. Not sure if that is the issue. But I am going to pick up a gasket when off this week and replace it and see what happens. Chris (Mko) did you ever get that blockoff idea perfected on your car?
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

you can do it, but you need to install a fitting where the hole is and then route it with a vacuum line after the MAS.

Jay, Id check the EGR solenoid, just follow the vacuum line from the valve to it, and see if it opens up when car is idling. Also, the egr solenoid sources vacuum from the throttle body, just follow the vac line to the TB. I forgot which letter was for the EGR. Then pull the line between the TB and solenoid from the solenoid side and try blowing in it when engine is off. You should be able to blow in it. i just had a similar problem - the passage of the TB was clogged.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123