The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ebay Projectors - how to adjust beam pattern

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Ebay Projectors - how to adjust beam pattern

Tools needed:
    - Philips head screw driver
    - flashlight

The pic above is the passenger's side headlight. The same rules apply to the driver's side (i.e. For horizontal - turn screw left to move the beam pattern left or for Vertical - turn screw left to move beam pattern up). I don't have any bulbs in the high beam area. Once you adjust the beam pattern for the projectors, you'll notice that you won't need high beams anymore, however, if you decide to put another H1 HID bulb in this area, these 3 screws are what you'll use to adjust the beam pattern.

For best results (and should be common sense), have your headlights on when adjusting, and have the light pointed at a wall at least 20 feet away. When you're turning the screw to move the headlight left right up or down, you'll be turning that screw several times. It won't be just one click or whatever, you'll have to crank away turning that screw and as you're doing that, you'll notice the light pattern on the wall start moving in the desired direction.
    Last edited by BGR; 04-03-2009 at 11:04 AM Reason: Added more information

niiiice..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    again.. awesome. Thanks man

Great :).. can't wait to get these

Thanks for the Tut BGR

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Thanks a lot. I just got those lights and really need those adjustments, thanks

anyone know how the 3 screws work per se for the high beam? Like, is the left screw controlling only widening the beam and the right screw controls bringing the beam closer inward... ?

do u guys use the same bulbs for the headlight???
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

stock headlights use h4, these use h1 for low beam and high beam, h1 bulbs come with the heads

so I have to cut and connect the wires???
    My Mk4 is like a Black Hole you enter in it and who the hell knows what'll happen next???
    I sure don't, do you?

no, go read the thread on this, its stickied, comes with a connector, all plug n play

ohhh ok thanks for the help
    I sure don't, do you?

ISMASG90
    Who is selling these on Ebay?Llooks similar to the ones I saw for 169 I guess. Thanks