The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Holset Turbo...anybody running one?

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Experienced TGC Member

Holset Turbo...anybody running one?

I am just curious if any of you turbo'd folks are, or have run one of these turbos. They are common on the Dodge Cummins engines and are supposedly becoming more sought after for some of the other 4 cylinder guys (these would be ideal for you V6 folks even).

I am looking to see what type of performance (spool up/boost numbers) you are acheiving with this turbo setup, and secondly if anybody would be interested in an even more efficient upgraded turbo that my employer (ATS Diesel) makes.

We have a line of turbos called "Aurora" and the lowest one we have is the Aurora 3000, which is a strong seller and upgrade over the stock Holset for guys with the 12 and 24 valve cummins. I don't have the exact specs of the turbo on hand at the moment, but certainly can get them. The spool up time is very similar to the stock Holset, but the amount of boost it pushes will easily hit 35psi.

Just for you all to drool here is a photo of the turbo shop;

Most individual turbo discussion isn't on this site, you'd have a better chance over on a larger site like DSMtuners or Honda-tech
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bmore303 View Post
    Most individual turbo discussion isn't on this site, you'd have a better chance over on a larger site like DSMtuners or Honda-tech
    I realize that there may be few if any who have used this on their Galants, however I have already worked on some Eclipses/Talons, as well as a couple Integras running the Holset. I also have a buddy waiting to upgrade to a Holset, but has now decided to run an A3K on his built block Neon. We also have one of our machine shops next door with a guy who has a 1G Eclipse already boosted on a built block curently upgrading to the A3K.

My only reason to post here is to see if the Galant owners have any interest or use with this turbo, or if there is a desire for those to run something more efficient.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Not many of us have serious setups..there are few here, but definitely not using Holset turbos. I have heard the brand turbo before but not familiar with the line of turbos offered.

What kind of numbers did you the guy with the 1g have with one of your turbos?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The Holset HX40 and HX35 are great turbos for a 2.0L or 2.4L Mitsu engine. Check out the info on DSMTuners:
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newb...sings-ect.html
    http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/turb...-part-3-a.html

On a 2.0L, you can have 20psi fully spooled between 3500-3800rpm.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Not many of us have serious setups..there are few here, but definitely not using Holset turbos. I have heard the brand turbo before but not familiar with the line of turbos offered.

What kind of numbers did you the guy with the 1g have with one of your turbos?
    The 1G currently is looking still in the process of bolting up. He is currently looking for a split turbo manifold instead of his current 4 into 1 manifold for better flow. Once he has this all bolted up we will have numbers and dyno charts to post up.

Good forced induction discussions on mitsupowered.com as well.
    Love,
    Matt

seth had me looking at them. Seem like good turbo's, just a little too big for our cars. definitely check out those two links a lot of info on the Holset line.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

I wouldn't consider an hx35 or 40 anywhere near too big for a 2.4l . Now a 52 is just pure track carnage.
    RIP
    1995 7G 4G64 / 63T DOHC Turbo
    Part Out Coming Soon

In search of 2G 3000GT VR4

Daily driving
    Dat '08 Cobalt Coupe

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmore303 View Post
    i wouldn't consider an hx35 or 40 anywhere near too big for a 2.4l . Now a 52 is just pure track carnage.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    seth had me looking at them. Seem like good turbo's, just a little too big for our cars. definitely check out those two links a lot of info on the Holset line.
    Most of the stock exhaust housings are too big, but they bullseye power makes a housing sized for a mitu with a mitsu flange, and theres a t3/t4 flanged stock housing thats not too big. How can a turbo that spools between 3500-3800rpm on a 2.0L be too big for our cars?
    7g for life!

I know the holset turbos are very common on the Volvo forums but never looked at them either
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R