The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air conditioning Vacuum

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Air conditioning Vacuum

well i replaced my air conditioner condenser and apparently i got to vacuum out the air and put the gas in there
    i know that the shops do it but i cant to find the vacuum that gets the air from the system
    anyone vacuumed their air conditioning system??
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

You mean 'evacuted and recycled', technically the same as 'vacuumed'. You have to have an A/C Charge and Evac machine to do it. You can buy a R-134a recharge kit that should most likely be sufficient to cure your problem. Personally, I would say if you were mechanically inclined enough to replace the a/c condenser the a/c recharge should be easy also.

yea i get that but since i replaced the condenser i cant find the vacuum to suck the air out of the system
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

What do you mean? You need a Charge/Evac machine to properly charge your A/C system. If you don't have $5000 you aren't going to be able to get one. Other than that you can spend $50 and get a R-134a recharge kit, charge your system and call it a day.

well in order for me to recharge it i got to suck the air out of the system
    then i can put the gas in there
    so the question i asked is if anyone vacuumed the air out from the system themselfs

Quote Originally Posted by Ruslik View Post
    well in order for me to recharge it i got to suck the air out of the system
    then i can put the gas in there
    so the question i asked is if anyone vacuumed the air out from the system themselfs
    Installing the condenser has released most of the freon. Find the A/C Charge capacity and buy a recharge kit and call it a day. Other than that, you can spend $100 to have it properly done with a multi-thousand dollar a/c machine.

yea thanks