The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: wheels.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 46
    is 53lbs front and 55lbs in bak too heavy for wheels?
    I love bikes n babes!

Quote Originally Posted by karn View Post
    if they were made out of lead...no.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    okay thank you thats what im gonna do..
    also 235/40/18 is also good on 18x9.5 right??

soo 235/40/18 all around

cuz im buying 2x wheels 18x9.5 (rear)
    and 2x 18.8.5
    If you're buying 9.5" for the rear, (which I wouldnt recommend for a FWD car) your tires width would have to be either 245 or 255. 235's would be fine for the front wheels, but they would be stretched too much for the rears @ 9.5" wide.
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 04-05-2009 at 01:50 AM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

also u wont be able to rotate tires
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Are you kidding me?! Thats gotta be a joke. Ive never heard of wheels weighing that much. You're gonna blow your tranny within the next year if its a daily driver.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

only reason I run 235s is because I like the wide contact patch, but my fenders are pretty heavily modified because off my ride height
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

nice wheels get some Nice NT05 235/45 tires for some nice summer grip =)

wait you are getting way ahead of yourself. is the car lowered? what are the offsets on the wheels? 9.5" is going to be pushing the limits of clearance in the rear... drop, camber, offset and tire width will become crucial to getting them to fit (and you will most likely have to cut the rear fenders out). we need more info on your suspension setup and wheel offsets to give you any good advice on if they will even work (each width is going to need to be within a certain range to fit under the fenders... and the higher the width, the narrower the acceptable offset range). any wheel over 8" is going to probably require rear fender modifications if dropped deep, especially if you want to maintain correct camber.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMitsubishi View Post
    nice wheels get some Nice NT05 235/45 tires for some nice summer grip =)
    tire too tall. 235/45r18 = 26.3" diameter. stock tire height is around 25". speedo will be off more than 5%.

reelax. these have already been on a mitsubishi. go look in sale section under galant3333. im buying them off him. he said he dropped his car 2.2' with coilovers and rolled his fenders but hes on 225/45/18s. and look up stern wheels i was researching yesterday and i saw they are extremely heavy :(. soo please can someone give me an input before i break my piggybank and buy them.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35829
    Last edited by karn; 04-05-2009 at 08:10 AM
    I love bikes n babes!

and if those wont fit. i can order from website 18x8.5 all around with 235/40/18s i think its 38 offset or 35. but yeah soo the off the website with nankang sII tires is a 100% fit right with tein s-tech dropped and a good alignment.
    I love bikes n babes!

From the sellers pix it looks as if it fits well, but I would ask everything he had to do to get them to fit. On the other hand, I wouldnt buy wheels that weigh that much. Normally wheels weigh half that weight.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

whats the normal weight of a wheel. per wheel without with tire.
    I love bikes n babes!

19-30 lbs each. Some lightweight racing wheels are as light as 15 lbs.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

soo then its good y are u guys freaking out.. i said 50lbs in front from what im thinkin thats 2 wheels combined in front and 55 in bank thats 2 weeks in back :)?

i will verify the weight from the seller. and he said he has it dropped 2.2inches with coilovers. he just rolled his fenders in the back a little bit and front is fine
    I love bikes n babes!

Well u didnt clarify that. If thats weight in front combined then yeah, but if its individual, then no good.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

:( is there any other wheels like these maybe enkeis that are 18x8.5 or 18.8 which has lip outwards and rim inwards kinda like your ivory what r u using? but less spokes.
    I love bikes n babes!

reelax. these have already been on a mitsubishi. go look in sale section under galant3333. im buying them off him. he said he dropped his car 2.2' with coilovers and rolled his fenders but hes on 225/45/18s. and look up stern wheels i was researching yesterday and i saw they are extremely heavy :(. soo please can someone give me an input before i break my piggybank and buy them.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=35829
    is he camber corrected in the rear? if not, he is eating through tires every few months, dropped 2.2". also, he is rolling on 225/40r18 for a reason... clearance. you want to go w/ 235/40r18 and that's only 5mm per side bigger but your sidewall coming into contact w/ the fenders may become an issue, especiialy if you drop deep AND camber correct. it sounds like you want a bolt on fit w/ no other modifications... these will not be that, especially w/ deep drop and camber correction; you will almost definately have to roll/cut your rear fenders, and even more so w/ 235/40r18. again, offset will be crucial as well to the whole package "fitting" w/o touching the fender or the rear suspension.

ugh man this is badd :( i dont want to mess around with camber and weight off the wheels is super heavy i heard 40-50lbs i was googling it. time to look for new wheels. im dropping with s-techs but i might do eibach since its less drop and i heard they are better comfort.
    I love bikes n babes!

yeah i dunno about the galant fender but i had a 3g before with 235/45R17 on them haven't needed a fender roll but i'm not sure about the galants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast