The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My 92 Galant

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    TGC Regular

My 92 Galant

I have a 1992 galant. My car randonally died . i have a brand new alternator and battery. me and my friends feel its a bad ground. which ground it would be . i also have new alternator belt and timing belt as well . any ideas

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Does the car try to crank?

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

yeah does it try to crank at all? if you get power and after u turn the key and only hear one click and nothing happens you can look into you starter relay, if the car cranks but doesn't start, well then theres a whole lot of possibilities

TGC Regular
    my stater is going bad. i know that . it also was running poorly once started . my roomate had the gas pedal to the floor it was at 2000 rpm and then went to 500 then died. any ideas. or common problem.

Well...when you try to turn the car on does the motor try to turn over. If not..do you hear clicking or nothing at all.

If the motor is trying to turn over...then I would check if you are getting spark.

If you are getting spark...then you check for fuel

TGC Regular
    when the stater does not work . i hear nothing. i have gas . i think who owned my car before me put in new fuel injector and fuel filter. so maybe the fuel pump or fuel rail. i put in new spark plugs and wire . disturbor cap and rotor. Pep Boys are going to look at it 2morrow. i hope its and easy fix.

When you have the key on the "ON" position is any of the dash lights on?

TGC Regular
    yeah . all my idiot lights came on. if i tap my stater .then i try to crank my car over. it works. but i never really had an idle problem . until now. i had a lil bit of a rough idle. but it never shut it self off. when the car was running i plugged in my cobra(Cop Radar) . my radio died as i plugged in my cobra. crossed wires. or and open. my roommate had the gas pedal to the floor and it went from 2000 rpm to 700 then died. what is the problem if u know. or is that a commom problem with 6 gen

TGC Regular
    i fond out what it was. bad altnerantor . it was a bad alternator from factory.it destoryed the new battery i just bought. i had pep boys replaced them both. and replace the starter since there doing the alternatotr and battery. the 92 is much better now