The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Tints or no tints?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    brandon

Tints or no tints?

Hey guys,

I personally am not a big fan of putting tints on my ride but I sometimes wonder if my car might look that much better with em on there...

Your opinions?

I have a black car, black kit, tinted sunroof... Pics VERY soon I hope...

Word.

I love tints on windows. Helps keep the black interior a little bit cooler even though it can still be scorching hot. Also, it keeps ugly bitches, from looking at you whe cruising at night.

If I had a black car, I'd probably tint it with the darkest shade of chrome/mirror tint with dark black tint behind it so that it gives a really good mirror image or get the fading tint that goes from chrome/mirror to black.

MitsuMan
    Tint , even the legal tints would look good on your ride b

Shylynn
    black tint on any car looks great, im not a big fan of the mirror tints it really only looks good on silver or white cars IMO

Experienced TGC Member

Re: Tints or no tints?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>

I have a black car, black kit, tinted sunroof...

Word.</div>

Come on B, from what I see it's a no-brainer.
    I saw something sick on a Talon the other day, dude had like 40% tint all around then had a tribal like design in 10% laid over the 40%. Wish I had a pic but I thought it looked tight, not really noticable unless you are up close.
    Something to consider if you have the bux...
    [b]<span style='color:blue'>Wes</span>
    The true path to enlightenment is Here
    <-Check it out Maz
    My 7g

[b]<span style='color:darkred'>ClubTGC Shidoshi-Kai Fellowship</span>

2TRUE, I saw something cool as hell too a few months ago. They took the sparkle tint and did tribal across the side windows and around the back and other side. Then put dark ass black behind it. You couldn't see the sparkles very well during the day, but at night when it went under a street light the designs popped out. I always wanted to try this on peoples cars when they ask if I can tint for them, but they always say no because they think it'll look ugly. I figured it would too when I heard about it but it looked really good.

TGC Regular
    I personally like tint on a car, I dont have it but need to get it. I have a black car and live in South Florida, right now its hot enough in my car to cook a steak! I def need to get a tint. And on a black car, I think it looks really good.
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

NYchulo3
    Tinit is the way to go!!! 20% black tint all around, with black exterior and black leather interior. just call me knight rider!

RyzNatch
    i want mine tinted but dont wanna drop big bucks to get it down profesionally. how hard is it to do it yourself with that stuff u can get at like autozone or similar places? also does it look way ghetto if u do it yourself?

brandon
    Thanks for the response guys, I'll have to put some serious thought into doing it in the near future... exhaust first though...

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RyzNatch)</div><div class='quotemain'>i want mine tinted but dont wanna drop big bucks to get it down profesionally. how hard is it to do it yourself with that stuff u can get at like autozone or similar places? also does it look way ghetto if u do it yourself?</div>

I wouldnt think its "that" hard to do yourself, you just dont want air bubbles in the tint, then it loks ghetto. I'd suggest to call around and pay someone to do it right. It will probably cost between $100-150 and it will be done right and a lot of places offer lifetime warranty on it.
    Chris
    2004 Mazda 3i; bought 7/2/04
    98 Galant ES; Sold 6/30/04

if you use professional grade tint, a good cleaner and a squeege it can be done right. If you use generic windex, autozone tint and run the bubbles out with your hands it will look ghetto.

Time spent taking your car apart to do a mod the right way is better than time spent trying to make a quick mod look right.
    You gain knowledge through learning not by increasing your post count...please search

dre24k
    Tightest Black 98 Galant says, "Tint that *$#@%!"

tint it..................20% all the way around...i have legal in the front and 20% on my back two and back window.

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

GalantLadie
    Black car=Dark blk tint
    no ifs, ands, or buts.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Im thinkin about tinting my windows myself. How much does mirror tint cost nowadays?
    7g for life!

same as all the others. Make the trip to CR and I'll help you. I don't do back windows, but the others aren't hard, just a little time consuming.

dre24k
    i hate mirror tint