The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Interesting Scenario for an Alarm I Need Help With.

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Interesting Scenario for an Alarm I Need Help With.

My grandfather transports collector and exotic cars for a living. He has two enclosed trailers that fit two cars apiece and a 98 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel M/T that he pulls with. He wants an alarm on all three of them.

As far as what kind of alarm to get for his truck is no problem, but putting an alarm on the trailers is a different story.

He wants them all to be two way, so when he has to park them at night, he can be in his hotel room with his keys close by and if anything happens, he can be aware.

Is the best idea to just get a regular two way alarm without the remote start options to put on the trailers and just have the lock/unlock and Auxiliary outputs useless or are there two way alarms that are specifically made just for this application?

I looked for an alarm system designed for trailers, but they are these little portable cylinders that you bolt down to the trailer, and I was wanting something more customizable. i.e.: Someone opens the side door of the trailer, I can have it on a switch so it will trip the alarm.

The trailers have their own independent batteries that he charges on a regular basis.

Ideas?

go with the viper two way. Without remote start it wil be cheaper. My remote will vibrate, beep, and show which side of the car has been "hit/broken into" and it will flash a different color if the window has been broken. viper ftw

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Can I get a link to a page to buy online? I don't know which model you are talking about.

I have had good experience with ScyTek/Astra. What about that brand?