The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Are these a good buy and a good product(shipping included)

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, good price, good product

11 68.75%
  • No, make a lesser offer, not a good product

2 12.50%
  • Good product, high price

3 18.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Megan Coil overs, what do you guys think?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 34
    Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar

Megan Coil overs, what do you guys think?

I'm thinking i want to get these. I'm pretty sure at least one of my rear shocks is gone. and i've got a lil cash... so let me know what you think on this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN...Q5fAccessories

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    that seems fair.. ive seen them priced higher and megan offers good performance.. i personally like D2s over the megans but its preference.. both offer great performance
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Good product, I'm very happy with the performance. They aren't nearly as bouncy as some say. That may be just because I didn't mess with the spring preload.

You could probably get them cheaper from www.WeSellCarParts.com or www.SpeedCorps.com

looked up those sights, they are priced pretty much the same

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    overall they're a good product the ride is good. and they are very adjustable. the only real problem ive had so far is the nuts on top of the camber plate for the front struts rusting which i have to replace...

I loved them when I had them on my G. I hated to see them go.

^I have his old coilovers, they work great
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

so i talked to the guys that are selling these. and the ones for 7g's don't have the camber correction as pictured. Mainly why i was going to buy them. Anyone have any suggestions for camber correction setups?

can we use 2g coilovers??? cuz im using a tokico 2g suspension and they are exactly the same.. cuz if so they should come with the camber plate
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

2g coilovers dont have camber plates, although ive seen guys adapting 3g plates and just drill another hole in the well
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    2g coilovers dont have camber plates, although ive seen guys adapting 3g plates and just drill another hole in the well
    ok and i noticed with my drop its not really cambered that bacd with a good drop so he might not really need the camber kit but it is good to have
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    so i talked to the guys that are selling these. and the ones for 7g's don't have the camber correction as pictured. Mainly why i was going to buy them. Anyone have any suggestions for camber correction setups?

I think 4-g-rim has a the front camber kit for sale. I was gonna buy it, but I had some personal problems at the time and never got around it after that

Build Thread

I think 4-g-rim has a the front camber kit for sale. I was gonna buy it, but I had some personal problems at the time and never got around it after that
    ahh well with my drop its right to the wheels and i dont need to adjust the camber cuz its fine.. it all depends i guess
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

you never know tho. When you get it aligned, you get a piece of paper with the specs and you can see what the camber is. when i lowers mine it was like 2 deg off, but i know kolio is lowered and he doesnt have camber correction, cuz he said the camber was very close to spec

Build Thread

you never know tho. When you get it aligned, you get a piece of paper with the specs and you can see what the camber is. when i lowers mine it was like 2 deg off, but i know kolio is lowered and he doesnt have camber correction, cuz he said the camber was very close to spec
    mine is in spec luckily
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Do it

yea mine is off too. i go in for an alignment this friday. Mitsubishi uses a 2 deg negative camber and im at about 6 deg negative right now.

I like how galanttuner10 and i have the same tokico setup and he says that his is fine. I would still take it in for an alignment even if the camber "is fine", because when you lower a car you front will toe in causing premature cupping of the tires.

Blue i would say if you got that money and you want coilovers get the megans, for the price you can't beat them.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    good product, good price. if you get them take mad pics!!!
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

I'm a solid D2 supporter. Top quality product. I've seen their dampers on my car, my best friends tC, my buddy's ultra clean sr20 swapped nx2000, his buddies sr20 swapped se-r,
    i've driven all these cars, and every one of them rides absolutely fantastic.
    the handling is superb and i'm pleaded with the overall feel, and adjustabilty.
    from daily driving, to the track, to racing through the canyons of Deal's Gap/ TailoftheDragon.... I love them.
    i think i've been riding on them for 3 years now also.

Not to mention excellent customer service at d2's North carolina office.
    ordered a replacement strut(after mine was destroyed in the Black GS wreck) and i got it 2 days later for 60 shipped IIRC

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    I'm a solid D2 supporter. Top quality product. I've seen their dampers on my car, my best friends tC, my buddy's ultra clean sr20 swapped nx2000, his buddies sr20 swapped se-r,
    i've driven all these cars, and every one of them rides absolutely fantastic.
    the handling is superb and i'm pleaded with the overall feel, and adjustabilty.
    from daily driving, to the track, to racing through the canyons of Deal's Gap/ TailoftheDragon.... I love them.
    i think i've been riding on them for 3 years now also.

Not to mention excellent customer service at d2's North carolina office.
    ordered a replacement strut(after mine was destroyed in the Black GS wreck) and i got it 2 days later for 60 shipped IIRC
    i agree D2s are on the rb25 swapped 240sx and they are sexy.. stiff to keep you from botoming out yet they give you a nice smooth ride and the cornering is awesome
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast