The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: In Dash DVD Problem

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

In Dash DVD Problem

Ok, so I redid my interior all black and had removed everything including the Dash, now when I went to put it all back together the DVD player in my dash (flip out) did not work!? I did not change or cut any wires, but when power is given to it , the power LED light just stays red!? if i push it, nothing happens? Does anyone know what this could be, i have rechecked all the wires and fused and nothing?! Thank you TGC!

I kind of had the same problem when i first installed my indash...i would show power to the radio but nothing would happen...I just unplugged my stereo harness for like 5min and hooked it back up and it worked...Try that and see if it helps...worked for me...havnt had an problems since...

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Could it be something with the security features of the unit? I remember in my old Eclipse head unit, once the security feature is turned on and you pull the power out, the security feature will kick in and it won't work until you put in the security CD (that you burn initially). This feature is to prevent the car thieves from using/selling the unit if ever they steal it.

Quote Originally Posted by SleekGTZ View Post
    Could it be something with the security features of the unit? I remember in my old Eclipse head unit, once the security feature is turned on and you pull the power out, the security feature will kick in and it won't work until you put in the security CD (that you burn initially). This feature is to prevent the car thieves from using/selling the unit if ever they steal it.
    Ive never had a initial security CD im not sure this would apply to me but thank you for the great input I will try see what else it could be!

Quote Originally Posted by glantnation View Post
    I kind of had the same problem when i first installed my indash...i would show power to the radio but nothing would happen...I just unplugged my stereo harness for like 5min and hooked it back up and it worked...Try that and see if it helps...worked for me...havnt had an problems since...
    Awesome Ill Try that! Thanks..
    Last edited by Asierra_999; 04-07-2009 at 12:36 PM

Also now I just noticed when I turn off the car I can NOT roll the window back up, it used to before I took out the dash!? hmmmm? ha well any ideas?

As it turns out it was only a fuse I couldnt find now it is fixed! Thanks TGC!