The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Erosion on my wheels?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Erosion on my wheels?

Well now that it is spring and all in Wisconsin, i decided to clean up my car, and when i was doing so i found some kind of erosion on my rims from all the salt on the grounds. I tried to get it off but i am afraid of scratching up the rims. Some of it seems to peel off real easy, but in other spots it is harder to get off. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of this eroding stuff and help my rims to look nice and new again? This stuff is really ruining the appearance.

where in wisconsin are you located? My rims are oxidized on the lip and I will be refinishing them. If you're not too far I could help you out

Thats why we use our stock wheels for winter, and get nice rims for the summer. :)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Galantguy has the right idea. Re-paint them. That's the only way to prevent erosion of metal. If possible, take the rims our to the tires an paint the top of the time too.
    -Pedro

i am in mequon, that would be nice. i am going to go to advance auto parts and see if i can get anything there to fix them. i heard that polishing them out could take the stuff off.

eagle one polish. its good stuff.