The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Body Molding

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    808state

Body Molding

I notice that alot of 8th Gen Galants dont have the moldings on the doors like I got on my doors and stuff..my Galant is a 2000 3.0L V6/GTZ model..minds starts from the bottom of the doors and goes up like 6 or 7 inches something like that it super ugly I think..Im just wondering how much of a pain in the butt it would be to get it to like like the ones on a 99 ES I think thats the year that its smaller and positioned in the center of the door..I hope I dont have to get diffrent model doors..or iff I just peel um off do a little bodywork and glue back on the smaller style moldings..I hope I made this clear enough to understand what im talking about..Thanks Alot who ever can help me on this topic..

newb dont double post.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...t=door+molding

im pretty sure you're stuck with where they are

GTZ have extra drilled holes for its molding unless you get them professionally filled at a body shop.

808state
    Im sure there will be holes all over.thats not to big of a concern.its seems like if you remove um that the door is going to look weird because of the thickness of that molding..so iff you take it off it might need to fill that area back up with body filler or something to compensate fot the molding being gone..

read the link i posted it has the answer to what u just asked

808state
    Thanks for the link...good info..