The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Another Texas Galant Meet (Dallas, Tx; TBA): Full of LOL

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Another Texas Galant Meet (Dallas, Tx; TBA): Full of LOL

Click here to see thread

Good to see some Galant meet happening on other forums, it's too bad they're gonna segregate themselves from the other Galant gens. A specific 9g only meet? We'll see what happens. Don't worry, I'm pretty sure they'd appreciate us for comming to their meet :) (Ooops, I blew your surprise Tech...)

I will try to update it for those wanting to join up with them. I'm gonna be hush-hush about it so they gonna expect extra guests at their front doorsteps :)

If you can't see the highlighted link I'll post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech_Greek View Post
    When I get my motor in is there anyone from down south that's interested in meeting up and having a nice car meet in Texas (probably Dallas).
    ^^ Consider me 100% committed to that already! I am most definitely down...
    Eff yes.
    i'd make a weekend out of it. maybe some time in dallas, some time in austin.
    So, we've got seven so far...

And the meeting spot would be Dallas for sure because it's in Texas and the best spot I know around the city the best - plus I always blow my money there, so why not?

Who all is not 21?
    Last edited by G-spot; 04-08-2009 at 01:03 AM

huuuuuum? interesting

update?

we can have a barbeque that saturday at my job if you guys want. and discount alignments for evreyone
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

im not 21
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

There were some new post on this I'll put the relavent posts on here.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    LOL I just saw the first post? TechGreek is still around? Is he still an @$$hole always talking about how his car runs 11's and what not?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    LOL I just saw the first post? TechGreek is still around? Is he still an @$$hole always talking about how his car runs 11's and what not?
    I'mn gonna go off topic with this for Stewi's enjoyment. It is what he's brewing right now before he unveils it at their "meet"....
    http://www.club9g.net/forums/showthread.php?t=202

No, I ran into some problems with the people I bought it from (double order, etc). I've been driving the 300ZX since then.

BUT, the new motor is being shipped to a client of mine, and will be in VERY soon .

Nope, twin turbos, rear mounted twin turbos to be exact...
    RRE style, straight down pipe out the rear.

I'm going to add twins to it.
    My car will be sneezing, from two different spots of course!
    whaaaaaaaaaaaa???? (i think i said turbos??? haha) how in the hell do you do a twin rear mounted turbo setup????? dude you have to keep us informed on this? How long of a process do you think this will be for you, and are you like FOR REAL FOR REAL about doing this, i PRAY YOU ARE!!
    Our exhaust tunnel is there for an AWD Conversion, so it's going to y for the intake side but the exhaust is going to become true dual from the exhaust manifolds...all in all three pipes should be running down the tunnel which is fine as they will be ceramic coated to reduce temps.
    Boost is not expensive at all, you can boost for cheaper than you can buy a 42" LCD now a days, but the supporting mods (suspension, internals, etc) are when people mess up...mine are already done
    I refuse to ever rock a four cylinder...

AWD is possible (easily) on the V6 (6G75) It bolts on, yank all the rear end drive train parts off the Outlander and the transfer case you're golden.

You have to run a dual exhaust though of smaller diamter (to match the output of the single exhaust) to run next to the drive shaft.
    Thats great! And I congratulate you for doing something new and original that nobody else has done. What kind of motor are you getting? I already know your affinity for the V6 but is it going to be MIVEC...? with some porting and great tuning, I cant see why you cant get as much power out of it, or more then the 3.8 liter Nissan! At least you wont have GPS limiting your tuning and you will have something no one else has! The first All wheel drive twinturbo Galant Sedan. It might get Mitsubishi Motors to design something for production that people will buy. I know I would buy and affordable allwheel drive twinturbo streetscorching kickass sedan If Mitsu sold it... Yes I believe I would!
    I'm staying with the Non-MIVEC 3.8...and yes it was Endeavor, I was half-way asleep when I wrote that this morning.

It's getting the TT setup done first, then if room permits it will become AWD...AWD is in the distance.
    you will get close to 500-600 hp with what your talking about. I was thinking you could cut out the tub where the spare tire goes, flip it over, weld it back on and you will have plenty of room for a turbo and maby a intercooler.
    Due to my wreck there will be no spare tire tub (as it bent inward) - it will be replaced with a flat spot, but I may tack the turbos up there yes, depends on what happens when I get up in that spot.

Hopefully 500 WHP will be feasible on waste gate springs @ 6 psi...

I'm going to do two side mounts more than likely to stay stealth with and leave the radiator open to breathe, we shall see when the time comes.

Rayth, I have a feeling these motors are going to top out at about 350 WHP on all motor without Nitrous.
    I'm going to push the stock block and pistons as far as I can, we have forged internals instead of the normal bullish, the pistons are the weak point in the bottom end just means that we'll have to be more dead on with our tunes as they won't take very much detonation.

Also going to be doing a dual oil cooler setup in fron of the radiator (smaller ones) with a thermostat in them.
    CLIFF NOTES:
    buys a new 6G75 non-mivec V6 and plans to put twin turbos @ 500WHP but jinxs on keeping it 350whp without nitrous

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    THANK YOU SIR!

I am really glad that kid doesnt come around here anymore. I didnt dislike him, he juts spewed alot of BS that he had no clue wtf he was talking about, yet had the stones to tell someone they were wrong when he has no f'in clue whats going on. From your summary there it sounds like he's been visiting the squires turbo systems website, too bad he doesnt realize that he doesnt have a 6 liter V8 to spool turbos mount all the way in the back. It might actually work well if he did it with a single turbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

reminds me of a ricer video i saw on youtube

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Q: you keeping it auto right? you already have a transmission cooler? i'm thinking of picking up one once i get to the point of headers and tuning
    Auto is not going anywhere...

A cooler is great for even a stock transmission (as most cars slip the clutches to shift smoother a bit more than normal and this in turn means heated fluid).

I'm at 92k miles, and have BEAT my transmission to death (launches, everyday for god knows how long) and it still works fine.
    Twin turbo on sportronics tranny

woah i dont think i wonna crash that party anymore lol

I'll post dates whenever Tech post them up. team helotes and others who browse there can pitch in too. otherwise, enjoy his build quotes here.

Q:
    easy install? recommendations on brands for that tranny cooler?

aaaand question for ya.. how do you plan on keeping 500hp to the front wheels on the ground?
    Yes, just intercept the return path from the heat exchanger and run it through the cooler. B&M is the only ones I'll ever touch, fin and tube are bad (damaged easily), stick with a stacked plate style.

And slicks at the track, drag radials for daily driving.

slicks on a galant