The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to Install After Market Gauges(S7)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 98
    ok, i will have to try it out. My gauge cluster was a little differ than yours. When i took everything a part, the old gauges where one solid piece. If i remove it then none of the lights would have thier writing, so i just put the new gauges on top of the old ones. Will the old ones shine through?
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

They probably wont shine through because the S7 gauges are a solid piece.

We laid them over his gauges as well.

u know u coulda did it without removing the needles right lol

yeah we didnt remove needle on all except heat and fuel they were a pain so gabe just ripped it out

Yeah i have a short temper...lol Black they will slide right over your gauges. My stock ones are a sold piece too. the light will shine through

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    Yeah i have a short temper...lol Black they will slide right over your gauges. My stock ones are a sold piece too. the light will shine through

~Gabe
    Your stocks were 3 separate gauges werent they?...wow i guess i dont remember correctly.

Thats 3 separate pieces bro. The 02-03 gauge cluster i think is one brick.

Ok, Im havin some trouble. I have the black wire grounded in the same place you do. I wired the red wire to the cig lighter (blue wire with white stripe) and i am still not getting the new gauges to light up. is the wires differ for an 02 galant? Is the blue and white wire still the hot wire?

do you have a tester? Make sure the bolt is exposed metal grind the paint off it.

The metal is not painted. Thought i did, but cant seem to find it. What else is a good place to wire it too?

I dont know the first one we tried never shut off

Test the wire turn the car on when its dusk and put it in the black harness 3rd from the left just touch the wire to the metal clip. If it lights you know your ground is good if not you need a new ground.

Ok, let me go and try that.

Ok, heres an update on whats going on. PROCEED WITH THE SHIT TALKING!!! It turns out that since it is really sunny out side, i havent been able to tell that the gauges work just fine. LOL My wife is sitting here laughing and calling me a retard. Thats a noob for ya! Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    or you can fuse it and tap it into the IGN or ACC wire right in the steering coloum which is less then a foot away :eyeroll:

Everything looks good now. Waiting till night to get a real good look at it.

Hahaha my fiance would laugh at me too if I did that. You gotta cup your hands thats how Gabe and I knew it was lit. Glad it worked out for you haha

Yep! GJ shoulda told you that cause i felt dumb after too haha

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Very nice writeup guys!!! :D
    i didn't put the inverter in my setup, haven't had a problem cept the tachometer gauges are sliding. gotta put better tape on it :oops:

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

the amp remote cable i ment... if i connect it to the power cable, wont it stay on even after the car is off??

yes it will stay on, just use the 12volt bro

~Gabe

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    yes it will stay on, just use the 12volt bro

~Gabe
    x2, that's what i did as well.

02 Mit. Galant 5 Spd -> 2010 Mit. Lancer Sportback 5 Spd -> (current) 2014 Mit Evo GSR 5 Spd
    run1206's Rear Disc Tutorial
    run1206's CF Hood Resurface Tutorial

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast