The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to Install After Market Gauges(S7)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 98
    Yeah, me too. I think it would be the easiest place to tab into. Works great.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

thestig
    looking good buddy.

i'm trying to wire my s7 gauges right now but they are very dim... at first they light up fully for 1 sec then they dim down... i bought it from a member here... and this is wat it came with

i dont know where to connect this 2 things... all the white wire connected to the gauges are already connected to the box but i dont know wat to do with with this 2 things

^im having the same problem, mine turn on but they are dim, while im driving they get dimmer and dimmer? the OEM dimmer switch is hooked up and works but the S7 are turned up all the way and its not bright at all?

I dont remember what you have to do or get to get them brighter. someone help me please.
    Last edited by silver01g; 06-23-2009 at 10:24 AM

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

Quote Originally Posted by LatinoX20 View Post
    i'm trying to wire my s7 gauges right now but they are very dim... at first they light up fully for 1 sec then they dim down... i bought it from a member here... and this is wat it came with

i dont know where to connect this 2 things... all the white wire connected to the gauges are already connected to the box but i dont know wat to do with with this 2 things

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    ^im having the same problem, mine turn on but they are dim, while im driving they get dimmer and dimmer? the OEM dimmer switch is hooked up and works but the S7 are turned up all the way and its not bright at all?

I dont remember what you have to do or get to get them brighter. someone help me please.
    i had to buy a new power supply from speed hut since the one that came with it crapped out on me ! it worked for a few months then no more ... wat did you hook the power supply up 2 maybe thats the problem
    the new power supply made them brighter than the original and is much better quality u can tell just by looking at them !
    Last edited by nyjets985; 06-23-2009 at 12:44 PM

thats the website i was looking for. couldnt remember the name of the website. i have it hooked up to the OEM dimmer switch itself. i was also told to try the light in the ash tray. but i got the same result from that source when i tried it. i was reading on here that some of the guys used the power from the cigg fuse and used a melt to melt ground on the car. but no one stated if theirs were bright. the only stated that they would come on and turn off with or without key.

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

K just looked on SpeedHut, they only have two inverters. a standerd and a upgrade. which do i need?

I read the upgrade inverter is much better.http://www.speedhut.com/product_deta...NUMBER-368.htm that's the one that I am getting for my gauges.

yea i think im gonna with the upgrade, mit as well its just alil more.

When i had my old gauges i taped into the parking lights wire (Green/white).

well mine turn on its just that their not bright enough they look like the OEM switch turned all the way down.

Hook it up to the parking lights and you wont have that problem.

yes go with the upgraded one mentioned earlier .. that is the one i just hooked up.. tap into the cig fuse and ground the other wire to the big bolt thats right behind the fuse panel cover..i did this and it worked like a charm... its easy to hide the square box thats the wires run into and to run the wire to the gauges also you can descretly run the dimmer/color inverter switch right under your steering wheel with little of the wire showing good luck if you got any question PM me or something i just installed mine 3 days ago and it works perfect and is much brighter !!

^thanks for that info. Im gonna be installing mine real soon. Im waiting for my inverter to get here.

Ok, i cant remember what it is you do to get the needles back in play, i got my temp good and i believe gas is ok (just filled up my tank and moved the needle to full), MPH looks ok but its really slow to down speed (help). and the RPM just isnt moving at all (more help)

ok got everything working but the RPM needle. it doesnt want to move! when i turn on the car it jumps a lil, and when i turn the car off if jumps back down. but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    ok got everything working but the RPM needle. it doesnt want to move! when i turn on the car it jumps a lil, and when i turn the car off if jumps back down. but thats it.

hmmm i didnt have this problem when i installed mine, they slid right over with ease but, does it move if you rev the engine in Park? if not try hooking the gauge back up but leave the clear plastic cover on and rev it a lil but give it a boost with your finger? lol but idk this is just a suggestion ?

ok what ive done:

i turned the car on and rev nuthing
    i drove around thinking it would catch but nuthing
    i also did the rev with a lil help again nuthing
    i put the needle to the redline and hoped it would jump in place when i rev but nuthing
    but i did notice when i put the needle in the redline when i turned off the car it would by itself go back to 0.
    like i said before i have the needle seating agaisnt the lil needle that seats up on the guages that keeps the needles from going any further, so when i turn on the car it jumps up a lil and stays (nuthing else), when i turn off the car it jumps back down onto the lil needle.
    i tried loosen the needle thinking maybe it was on to tight still nuthing
    i pushed the needle all the way down as far as it could go thinking it was to loose, again nuthing.

its not a big deal, but you know when you see a problem with your car it bothers you. well its starting to get to me now. i need to fix it.

did you take the needles completley off when you put the new face plates on ?

yes cause i also cleared them while they were off.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast