The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to Install After Market Gauges(S7)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 98
    Quote Originally Posted by silver01g View Post
    yes cause i also cleared them while they were off.
    ahhh i c ... hmm im out of ideas on how to get them working... g/l let us know how it turns out
    !

well everything works expect for the RPMs, it still doesnt move. i dont know im also clueless.

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

well everything works expect for the RPMs, it still doesnt move. i dont know im also clueless.
    any luck man?

ok what ive done:

i turned the car on and rev nuthing
    i drove around thinking it would catch but nuthing
    i also did the rev with a lil help again nuthing
    i put the needle to the redline and hoped it would jump in place when i rev but nuthing
    but i did notice when i put the needle in the redline when i turned off the car it would by itself go back to 0.
    like i said before i have the needle seating agaisnt the lil needle that seats up on the guages that keeps the needles from going any further, so when i turn on the car it jumps up a lil and stays (nuthing else), when i turn off the car it jumps back down onto the lil needle.
    i tried loosen the needle thinking maybe it was on to tight still nuthing
    i pushed the needle all the way down as far as it could go thinking it was to loose, again nuthing.

its not a big deal, but you know when you see a problem with your car it bothers you. well its starting to get to me now. i need to fix it.
    I had this problem back in the day of my DSM when I put in some gauges.
    I have looked at the back of the Galant speedo and it looks like it might be the same way.

When you removed the gauge from the cluster, was there like 4 holes but only 3 screws? It is commonplace for screws to act as grounds or links to these gauges. Be sure they are installed exactly where they were taken out or else you could have an incomplete circuit.

ok im lookin at the old gauge clutsher i have and see the 4 screws that you are talking about. Now there are four screws that i see from the back. How do i tell if its a incomplete circuite?

I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

I just had to try some trial and error when I messed mine up, are there any screw holes with a bronze circle surrounding the hole on the circuit?

your talking about the four screws in the back right? the MPH and RPM are the only ones that has it. the screws are really close to each other?

I was asking if there are any screw holes on the back of your cluster that do not have a screw in them.

Screws like these: Notice how they are part of the circuit. The screws conduct electricity just like the pathways you see leading to them.

yea i counted 12 screws all in place.

Well damn, there goes my idea.

Is your needle stripped where it attaches? Maybe the inside of it is spinning, but it isn't grabbing the needle.

ok that mit be a idea! like i said before when i turn on the car the needle jumps and stays, thats it. and when i turn off the car it jumps back down.

the copper line grabs the needle to spin it?

so i found these S7 gauges, but just to make sure, the guage cluster isn't different no matter if its the v6 or i4 model correct?
    Last edited by Galantman03; 07-05-2009 at 03:57 PM

no it isnt

^any luck with the rpm needle?

ok,guys! i just finished putting on the s7's. i followed the entire tut. like it was said before,the gauges would stay on even when the car if off. after that i read that i should tap into cig lighter, that is to be done tomorrow. my needles work well, i think. just noticed that before putting on the s7, i had a little less than a full tank, after i put it, i already had more than full. should i try to move the needle manually?

When i installed mine i moved it a bit so i had to move it to where it was. I did it exactly when i had half a tank so i couldnt mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by stvn_mj View Post
    When i installed mine i moved it a bit so i had to move it to where it was. I did it extactly when i had half a tank so i couldnt mess it up.
    how did u know when u had half a tank?

Well the needle read half a tank before I started installing them.

Fill up the gas tank entirely, move the needle to full. Done and done.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Fill up the gas tank entirely, move the needle to full. Done and done.
    will do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast