The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd swap

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

5spd swap

ok so from all the reading ive done on the fourms 5spd tranny is the way to go my question is should i do it myself or get someone else to do it?

Welcome.... and as I've read alot of the guys here have done it withing a day in their own garage at home... that for me doesn't run well lol.. I don't think I'm capable of the work. It all depends on you.. and if your up for the experience.. Im' sure some of the guys around your area with better knowledge are more than willin' to give you hand lol.

There's great tuts here you can follow, find some of the guys around your area and start asking questions :) lol

good luck

Proto
    You can do it yourself if you follow the tutorials with basic hand tools and a dremel which is how I did my first one. After that I invested in a 15 gallon compressor and air tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Proto View Post
    You can do it yourself if you follow the tutorials with basic hand tools and a dremel which is how I did my first one. After that I invested in a 15 gallon compressor and air tools.
    with power tools it should be done in 1-2 days. it's very straight forward

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Honestly, if you get all the parts and have most basic tools you could even do it without power tools in a few days tops. Just dont make my mistake and instead gather ALL the parts, and set aside 3 days or so to work on it with someone. Really its not too bad.

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

thanks for the advice guys anyone near iowa wanna help out a fellow tgc member? and can someone give me a link to the parts if possible

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    as long as you have all the parts, are capable of reading and following directions, and time for error, cursing and what else have it. It can be done in less than a few hours in one day. All my swaps take no longer than 4 hrs tops(well all except for MKO's swap) well that took only 3 hrs but we ran into clutch slave problems.
    Hey fuck it! for a plane ticket, room and board if you have all the parts and some basic tools i would be glad to come out to do it for you.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Quote Originally Posted by aznkoala View Post
    thanks for the advice guys anyone near iowa wanna help out a fellow tgc member? and can someone give me a link to the parts if possible
    seth is the man. ask and bribe him

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

hmmmmm well time to hunt down me some parts then ill get back to u bronx