The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New outlander

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

New outlander

Mitsubishi’s Outlander is already based on the Lancer sedan, and now Mitsubishi has gone one step further to make an Outlander that looks like an Evo X.

The Outlander GT Prototype made its at the New York Auto Show. The transformation into an Evo tall wagon includes the Evo’s "jet fighter" grille as well as reshaped front bumper, side mirrors, fenders and hood. To help keep it on the road, the Outlander GT will also use the Evo’s Super-All-Wheel-Control System.

Where the comparison the the Evo ends is the engine. The Evo X has a 2.0-liter four cylinder with a huge turbo that makes 291 hp. The Outlander GT features the 3.0-liter V6 already in use in the Outlander XLS. In the GT it has 10 more hp for a total of 230, which is more in line with the Lancer Ralliart.

Building on the success of the Mitsubishi Outlander, Mitsubishi Motors North America today conducted the World debut of a distinctive new model that takes the compact SUV to another new level of performance and sportiness - the Mitsubishi Outlander GT Prototype. The all-new design study is the centerpiece of the Mitsubishi Motors exhibit at the New York International Auto Show, which continues through April 19.

The Diamond white Outlander GT Prototype infuses performance and design inspiration from Mitsubishi’s Lancer sport sedans and provides clear indicators of the future of Outlander.

"The Outlander GT Prototype is packed with technology, performance and premium features that are uncommon in the compact SUV class," commented John Koenig, executive vice president of Mitsubishi Motors North America. "Along with its faster heartbeat, we also wanted to quicken pulses by channeling the look of our sportiest cars."

A front grille design inspired by the Lancer Evolution’s "jet fighter" look is clearly in play on the Outlander GT Prototype, which sports complementary new design elements, such as a reshaped front bumper, side mirrors, fenders and hood. Reshaped Bi-Xenon HID headlamps, a new rear bumper and side sills, plus a bold polished finish on the already standard aluminum roof panel accentuate the sporty appeal.

The Outlander GT Prototype also benefits from improvements to the all-aluminum 3.0-liter SOHC MIVEC V6 currently found in the Outlander XLS, including a reduction in intake restriction plus optimized camshaft timing and compression ratio. The engine changes raise maximum output by 10 horsepower, for a total of 230 horsepower, with an improved torque curve for more responsive city driving and enhanced fuel economy and emissions.

To further increase fuel economy, the Outlander GT Prototype features an upgraded shifting program and Idle Neutral Logic, which automatically, and smoothly, shifts into neutral during vehicle standstill. It reengages at the slightest lift of the foot off the brake pedal, thereby providing instantaneous response.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mitsubi...e-ar72891.html

I dig it.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    wow that front fascia is SO similar to the lancer haha. everything from the shape of the headlights to the hood lip. kinda neat

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    that looks nice. love those wheels too. i wonder if they fit the 8g. . . .

I like the back, not the front. The wheels aren't Mitsubishi OE, they are OZ Palladio's.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    i love the current front look of the outlander. the rear is another story.

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    the rear reminds me of a bmw

I like it, except I think the grill may be a little to big. If they scale it down a bit or color match that strip in between the upper and lower grill I think it would look better

wow i kinda like it

I like it, really nice SUV.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    It's the new Evolander..

the new outlander is an Overwight Evo LOL

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    i wonder how the intake manifold is?!?!?!

Banned
    someone should buy that Outlander...and put a Voltex front end kit made for the new Evo. it would look so crazy and throw people off. haha

I think I like it

maybe ill talk my parents into buying one
    i like it alot
    wonder how the inside looks
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

Looks ok. Mitsubishi needs to make a new face. They can't be putting the EVO front on all their cars. The evo will lose its rareness. In addition, the lineup is beginning to look bland. Mitsubishi needs a new face. A Luxury vehicle at least. A new Diamante or something.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Da_silvagride View Post
    Looks ok. Mitsubishi needs to make a new face. They can't be putting the EVO front on all their cars. The evo will lose its rareness. In addition, the lineup is beginning to look bland. Mitsubishi needs a new face. A Luxury vehicle at least. A new Diamante or something.
    I agree to a point.

I like the "evo" fascia...it sets Mitsubishi's "look" apart from the other Japanese vehicles which is good. They just need to do different variations of the "Jet fighter" look. A good example is Audi which has a similar huge grille look. Pretty much all their vehicle lineup share the similar look..but all have their each variation of the look.

I think they are doing well with their vehicle design. Mitsubishi just needs to focus on their refinement, better materials, and fit and finish and they are very strong contenders. Their reliability in their vehicles have improved especially on their SUV's.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

if it comes out looking like that im going to buy it
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member showtime's Avatar
    i really like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast