The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OBX camber kit

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    TGC Regular

OBX camber kit

OK so i ahev been having isues with my camber its wearing on the outside of my tires only. These tire arent even 2 months old and the edges are pretty much bald. Now i am not sure wich camber kit to get.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-F...Q5fAccessories
    or
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-98...Q5fAccessories
    this one please help.
    Also i have no clue how to work them so can someone enlighten me.
    thanks

Experienced TGC Member
    Sounds like you have Positive Camber. Too much postive camber causes the outsides of the tires to wear faster than the insides.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ght=camber+kit

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...=7G+camber+kit

ask 4-g-rim. i think he has one for sale
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    ok will that one that mko came up with work with positive camber??? if so i dont know how to measure if its right. ok mko just pm'd him. thanks
    Last edited by skrap; 04-13-2009 at 01:10 PM

usually camber kits work from -2 to +2 deg, or -3 to +3 deg

He has the ingalls kit

ive noticed your car was sitting too high, idk why, mine was never that high on stock springs

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    pos. camber? lol that's wierd, don't think many people on here have that problem.

the balljoint camber kits are MUCH better than the bushing style.

i had the bushing-style kit for about a year. the problem is that the rubber is cheap and wears out and then you have an upper A arm rocking around and making noise. they're not safe, they're actually kind of weak, and i would not recommend anyone get them. i had to replace them in just under a year and a half because all 4 of them were completely blown and my a arm was making a ton of noise on metal-to-metal contact.

the balljoint camber kits are far superior and i think a tech at mitsu would actually approve of these. i've had mine for almost 3 years now and they're still holding up fine. bullet proof construction, and as of 3 years they still havn't worn out.

i know you're trying to kill pos. camber for your car, in that case you install these backwards and it puts you back into the negative. but another reason why these are better than the bushing OBX-style ones is that those move out your entire upper A arm to the outside of the car when you're making your camber more neg, and if you go too much the outside of the arm actually starts hitting the material underneath the fender. noise and rubbing material results, and this is never safe. with the balljoint style camber kits, you're only moving the knuckle itself, while keeping the a arm's orientation the same.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i have the suspesion technique camber bushings that go in instead of the stock bushings and i havent had problems so far.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    pos camber??? is it stock ride height or dropped cuz that doesnt sound right.. but peano thanks for showing me those camber kits cuz i need them for mine just to even it out a bit
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    pos camber??? is it stock ride height or dropped cuz that doesnt sound right.. but peano thanks for showing me those camber kits cuz i need them for mine just to even it out a bit
    i know its very weird. when i saw it it was looking like crown vic on 24''. usually the galants rear is sagged but his was very high, as well was front. he had AGX with stock springs

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    i also only have half of my energy bushing put on its only the front set.... idk why its so dam high...... And also mko i just got those new rims on. lemme go and find my camera ill try and take some picks....

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    i have the suspesion technique camber bushings that go in instead of the stock bushings and i havent had problems so far.

are you talking about this style? i havn't personally used these, but i hear good things. if mko says they're good then they're good, that's your other option to the balljoint ones
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

TGC Regular
    here we are

It doesnt look too bad to me. now that ni have my rims on.

this is my good tire in the back

this one is my front passenger.

this used to be my front driver side but i rotated it to the rear

and heres my motor cuz you guys dont know what it looks like lol

so as you can see the tire wear is only from 2 months of driving..... it did it to my old tires but not this fast..... so yea i need some help.
    Last edited by skrap; 04-13-2009 at 05:08 PM

the height is good, its not too high. Im almost positive the rear toe isnt correct. when was the last time you did an alignment. Sometimes when i go for an alignment the tech tells me that the rear toe is not adjustable, and guess what i sent the car right back.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    can they fix that??? right now the tires are kinda forward in the wheel well because the bushings dont really exsist anymore. I need to get a hold of some lower control arms befor i do the bushings.... Mko you got ne hook ups?

i can get the control arms, but why the lower? usually the bushing that goes is the upper one on the spindle where the upper control arm is bolted. see if this one is bad

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    Im talking about the lower control arm that has the balljoint. The boots cracking and im sure its an original. So before i go spending a lot of time putting the bushing in i want one with a newer balljoint

the toe arm takes alot to be worn out, cuz there is no movement there. Its just the boot that gets dried out and falls apart. i got one of these polyurethane red boots from pepboys and put it on top of the original, so no debris gets in there, and had no problem since. the problem with these control arms is the toe bolt in the rear subframe, it gets very rusted. if you notice that bolt has a scale with degrees and this is where you can adjust the rear toe

Build Thread