The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Colorado...is it a dead state???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 44
    Woah! I thought it said 2010 because they are having the CU meet this year too... lol... I am a loser and btw Congrats on the COTM your car looks sick!

kinda a late thread revival but i just moved to peterson AFB=) in the springs

New to the forum

New to the site. Currently living in Brighton

I am stuck at CSU pueblo now haha

Welcome. I'm down in Durango. Probably the only one with a tuned G within a hundred miles + here :P
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    Welcome. I'm down in Durango. Probably the only one with a tuned G within a hundred miles + here :P
    oh wtf i didnt know you were in co too. im in broomfield area
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    oh wtf i didnt know you were in co too. im in broomfield area
    Im sure Ive seen you driving around. I use to live next to Legacy HS.

oh ok i know where that is! youve probably seen me roll around in my evo x. i dont think anyone has payed attention to my second g yet
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

oh ok i know where that is! youve probably seen me roll around in my evo x. i dont think anyone has payed attention to my second g yet
    Im sure I have. You guys ever have any meet N greets??

every friday there are sonic meets in westminster, every sunday there is a big meet that moves and does cruises that used to start around park meadows mall

as for mitsu exclusive meet n greets only evo ones really
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Join colorado evo thats where I found meets to go to

Quick question for you guys. So I just got into a car accident in my poor 7G and they want to total it. My question is, should I try to buy the car back from the insurance company. Do you think its worth it??

It is probably worth $500-$800 from a salvage yard but I'm no expert. I bought mine for $600 from a salvage yard with a bad tranny and 300k miles on it. How much is the insurance company giving you for it, $2-3k?

If you've done a lot of work to it you can try to fight and have the car repaired. If not, the damage doesn't look like it is serious. You could probably bend the hood back close enough to not notice much or pick parts from a salvage yard. Might be a good chance to go carbon fiber hood and JDM front if the numbers work out.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    It is probably worth $500-$800 from a salvage yard but I'm no expert. I bought mine for $600 from a salvage yard with a bad tranny and 300k miles on it. How much is the insurance company giving you for it, $2-3k?

If you've done a lot of work to it you can try to fight and have the car repaired. If not, the damage doesn't look like it is serious. You could probably bend the hood back close enough to not notice much or pick parts from a salvage yard. Might be a good chance to go carbon fiber hood and JDM front if the numbers work out.
    The adjuster is suppose to give me a call today with some figures. Other than what just happend to the front the car was flawless. Im hoping that they ll sell it back to me for cheap that way the money I get from the wreck can go to repairs on the car.

Figures

So they want to give me $1900 if I release them my car or I can keep it and walk away with $1200. Any advice??

you'll have to add some cash to that to get a decent g
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Hey looks like your not alone after all! I still am though here in Tennessee :(

you'll have to add some cash to that to get a decent g
    Would it be worth keeping my 7G and repairing it??

as long as your frame isnt bent and the car is still structurally sound then yep. as eclipsh said you can bend stuff back or replace parts as you see fit
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You could ask for $1400 and you keep the car. Remind them of how good a condition it was in before the crash. Either way though, keep the car. You can buy a nice CF hood for $500 or so or hit a salvage yard and pick a matching white one up for maybe $100-200. If you can't find a T-bar let me know. I've got mine lying around. The badge is gone and the paint is chipped but it could be touched up and it is white. You could also take this as a chance to switch to the 7GB or JDM front cover. You can see in my build thread that the 7GB can be opened up nicely for a FMIC if you ever want to go turbo. Lots of fun options to be had!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast