The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: voltage srablizer?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar

voltage srablizer?

whats the science behind these, how are they supposed to improve performance?

on a side note the case looks identicle to my power inverter

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    so quick little update, my car was shocking the hell out of me everytime I exited the car and my hid's seemed to get dimmer so my friend suggested this....

and wow my lights are brighter, after about 20 mins after installing this voltage regulator/system I also noticed how much smoother my car ran, and gears shifted. my hid's no longer flicker from what seemed to be a strain on my alternator/battery. also it feels like my car pulls a little better through the gears. did some research on it and found this....
    http://my.is/forums/f88/product-revi...system-282257/
    http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...=198510&page=2
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6151
    pretty interesting, I will leave this on the car for a while and see what the gas mileage will be like....
    I might need to get the hyper grounding system as well to prevent the damn shocking upon exiting my car, it has gotten a little better. the hyper ground and the hyper voltage system work best together from what I am reading.
    from my build thread.....
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

weird... i get shocked EVERY time i exit my car too!! thanks for the info

No way! thats awesome. might just grab one of these beutys

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    hmm, if your getting shocked, you probroblly have an exposed wire somewhere, im sure you know how to fix it...but if thats true i would definatelt check...when i had to replace one of the main power wires, i was getting a small shock.

the stabilizer actually does work...for what it is...i had it on my old car and you did notice a bit of a difference

i blame the seats. Ever since I installed my Recaros, I never gotten shocked ever again. but before that, me and my passengers would get shocked every time.

Experienced TGC Member
    I get shocked like a motherfucker, its bad....
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

i wouldnt say it enhances performance persay but it did help regulate the distrubution of power to eerything in the car .. anyone with a system may have noticed when cranked up the dome lights and even the headlights sometimes would dim when the bass hit after i installed one it no longer did this and you may notice smoother start ups i actually bought the same one in the link from the first post just blue and it workd good !!

LMAO! I got shocked many many times! I bought one from NRG and I dont notice anything different to the performance of the car.. but I did noticed that my hid's and most of my electrical are better then stock....

You would think it does not do anything.. cause its installed on the neg and pos of the battery... but wow... i dont get shocked anymore!

BYE BYE BLUE SPARKS...

and btw ZigenScarface you can find them alot cheaper than 32.00 on ebay i think i payed like 15 bucks off ebay and it came fom tokyo in like 6 days

hmmm I may need to find one to stop my lights dimming when my systems on. I've never been zapped tho :)

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets985 View Post
    and btw ZigenScarface you can find them alot cheaper than 32.00 on ebay i think i payed like 15 bucks off ebay and it came fom tokyo in like 6 days
    I over paid... $79.99 but its a nice one...

Experienced TGC Member
    The zapping never ends for me, they are bad as shit
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Banned
    i was looking at a SUN voltage Stabalizer(similar to the one in the picture abov) last month and they were asking $120 for it. After reading this thread i'm thinking that was overkill. is there any real difference in Quality between voltage stabalizers...or does it seem that i would just be paying for the NAME?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by platano View Post
    i was looking at a SUN voltage Stabalizer(similar to the one in the picture abov) last month and they were asking $120 for it. After reading this thread i'm thinking that was overkill. is there any real difference in Quality between voltage stabalizers...or does it seem that i would just be paying for the NAME?
    The higher end ones like Sun and HKS use real gold plated terminals and high quality wiring.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    i blame the seats. Ever since I installed my Recaros, I never gotten shocked ever again. but before that, me and my passengers would get shocked every time.
    yea im going to have to rule out the exposed wire idea as well as i can feel static building on the seats as i drive haha.. good idea tho

if getting shocked is an issue, why not just buy a static guard bottle at the local walmart or something, and lightly spray the seats and floor? problem solved

this is what i have for free courtesy of mitsubishi...ive noticed a difference as well when my headlights dimmed with my system, didnt notice any power gains though

http://www.racinglab.com/hyper-groun...bishi-006.html
    Last edited by krazienluv10; 04-22-2009 at 08:12 PM
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10 View Post
    if getting shocked is an issue, why not just buy a static guard bottle at the local walmart or something, and lightly spray the seats and floor? problem solved

this is what i have for free courtesy of mitsubishi...

Then we couldn't spend money for no good reason :)

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10 View Post

this is what i have for free courtesy of mitsubishi...ive noticed a difference as well when my headlights dimmed with my system, didnt notice any power gains though

You could MAKE that for about $25. And someone explain the difference between this latest bottle of snake oil and a cap.:smt104