The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please Please Help

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Please Please Help

Hey guys, i'm really desperate for your help. I have a 6A12TT engine with a knackered alternator that i'm looking to have replaced

I've checked my chassis number with mitsu and they say i need a part which is MD188242.

I've tried to order everywhere but they say the part is no longer obtainable. I've found out the lucas equivalent is an LRA01753

this is a 12v 90amp alternator

is there any equivalent i can use because people have said i can use a normal 2.0v6 galant alternator, but this seems to have a completely different mitsu part number. does it have a different part number because it is a different ampage? most alternators seem to be 75a

id get a second hand one but its a bit of a gamble :( and i'd even get one from my local motor factors, but thats also proving extremely hard :(

Even if the 7g 2.0 v6 bolted on you could always just get it respooled to correct amperage later, assuming its not already correct.

its ok, bit the bullet and went to the main dealer, was reasonable at 160 odd quid

my stock alty was 90 amps, and when it went out i jot one from the junk yard that was 75 amps. it has been running since
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread