The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Camber Kit information required

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Camber Kit information required

So, I've been reading a lot of these posts these days about camber kits, and I'm wondering if I should be getting one too. I have the Eibach Pro Kit and Kyb Gr2s and my car is an 03 8g on 16" rims. My drop is mild compared to most of the guys on here.

I'm still confused as to what I need. Most of what I've read says to go for the ingalls kit for the front and the rear. I've also read on the eibach site that they have an alignment kit Part# 5.73620K, is that what I need? Does that come with the front and rear required parts? If it's ingalls I go with, what are the part numbers I should search for for the fronts and rears?

Does the camber kit also have to change based on positive and negative camber? I noticed in this thread -
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...ingalls+camber
    that there was conversation about balljoint camber kits instead of the usual camber bolt/spacer method? Am I confused or is this correct?

I referred the data in the page -
    http://www.roadraceengineering.com/3gsuspension.htm
    under Camber kits and understood that an alignment is good enough, but I would like to go with the camber kits as well, so that it will be as close to stock as possible. So let me know please.

an eiback pro drop will probably not need a camber kit. only way to know for sure is to drop the car first then get it aligned; the techs will give you a printout of your alignment specs. you will then know how far out of spec you are if at all.

Thanks Reelax, but what happened was, I did the drop a long time ago, and gave it to Mitsu to do an alignment, for some reason, they took a day and a half for alignment and then said that my frame is bent and needs to be fixed and that they had fixed it as much as possible. I misplaced the alignment printout they gave me though. I think they were faking as maybe they just couldn't get it done properly, since it was lowered.

So, now I wanted to get the camber kit put in and then get it aligned again by a better shop, so that I'm sure there won't be a problem.

is it necessary to get it aligned? Cause I dropped mine with eibach prokit.. and it seems to be fine...

but I did noticed that if I drive more then 60-mph.. my steering wheel shakes... not alot but enough to annoy me!

^^ That would usually mean bent rotors or bent rims, not an alignment. Usually a slight difference in alignment would just cause your tire wear to be uneven, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Quote Originally Posted by KaziKai View Post
    is it necessary to get it aligned? Cause I dropped mine with eibach prokit.. and it seems to be fine...

but I did noticed that if I drive more then 60-mph.. my steering wheel shakes... not alot but enough to annoy me!
    warped rotors, bent rims, inner or outter tie rod ends, or your wheels arent balanced properly. An alignment wouldnt cause it to shake, atleast not from what ive ever heard.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

always get your alignment done after you modify suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    always get your alignment done after you modify suspension.
    x2

i waited like a year after my drop to get alligned. chewed the tires up and my allignment was really bad. it was like 2 degrees off. i didn't need a camber kit at all. i don't know if the 8G is the same.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Does the camber kit also have to change based on positive and negative camber? I noticed in this thread -
    that there was conversation about balljoint camber kits instead of the usual camber bolt/spacer method? Am I confused or is this correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong but 8G's came with complete lower arm w/Ball Joint, that thread is for 7G's only so only option on 8G's (if needed) is Camber bolt/spacer method.

Quote Originally Posted by paflow View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but 8G's came with complete lower arm w/Ball Joint, that thread is for 7G's only so only option on 8G's (if needed) is Camber bolt/spacer method.

Thanks, that does make sense. So it's the spacers/bolts that I need, and does anyone know the part# of ingalls for the front and rear camber kits? And is ingalls better than eibach when it comes to camber kits?

I have the Eibach pro and kyb gr2's on 17" rims. If I remember right the rears where the worst camber just outside the threshold they like to see, so I bought a Ingalls rear camber adjuster kit (bolts/washers), but still haven't put them on. The inside of the tires did wear alot quicker than they should of with the neg camber on the rear. I had my alignment done at Sears after the strut/spring install and they had a detailed printout of everything. Sears was a bit higher than other places but it was worth it all the detailed info that you usually don't get.