The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wtf!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26
    TGC Regular

Wtf!!!!!!

OK so as you all know i have been having idle issues. I put fiav/isc blockoff plate on and set the biss screw. My tps is within spec. Now im still having an issue sometimes it will stall out on me and it wont start back up right away. I replaced plugs and wires still same thing. Also when i am driving and let go of the gas my rpms drop down to 800 and then bounce up to 1200 no matter my speed and thats what i stay at. I know thats not normal... Im really at a loss its almost like its being choked either by not enough air or fuel. I have no cel at all im going to try putting premium in it tomarrow with a full tank and maybe some injector cleaner but i really dont know whats going on. This is the first time i have truly been pissed and frusterated with my G. Please help me guys im spending soo much money and still nothing.....

did u install the o2 sensor?

You have to narrow down the problem. When it dies, pop the hood and check for spark and fuel. 7g are weak in the distributor /especially 7ga/ and fuel pump and relay. Any of these can cause the car to die.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

TGC Regular
    well see thats the problem in about 30 secs to a min it will start back up..... also if i try and start it back up too soon it will sorta start but stuble really bad like its barly getting any fuel.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skrap View Post
    well see thats the problem in about 30 secs to a min it will start back up..... also if i try and start it back up too soon it will sorta start but stuble really bad like its barly getting any fuel.
    sounds to me like the fuel filter is clogged.. it doesnt start for a while cuz its trying to build up enough pressure to restart it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    yea well see thats the thing i just replaced the fuel filter less than a month ago.... in our fuel pump assembly is there a filter screen??

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you've warmed up the car significantly when all this is happening, right? also need to make sure you're basic and actual timing is also within spec.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

yea well see thats the thing i just replaced the fuel filter less than a month ago.... in our fuel pump assembly is there a filter screen??
    the fuel pump filter sock does get clogged.

I had to replace mine a month ago because it got clogged up so bad my a/f ratio's were off the chart lean. car would only run if i was flooring it.

its pretty easy to replace and only costs like 20 bucks or something on extremepsi.com
    just order a walbro install kit from them, comes with a new sock, and oring.

you can switch it out w/ very basic tools. check VFAQ.com for details.

your idle should be perfectly stable w/ the blockoff plate. although it will still require a little skill with your gas pedal to keep it from dipping when the motor is cold.
    but it should never be higher. thats just strange.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    ok kool the problem is like when im idleing weither its warm or cold... it like boggs and backfires( more like rumbling) like its supposed to idle at 800 and it bounces between 600-800 rpm.... becasue of the backfires... and i am running pretty lean cuz when i changed my plugs they were white/gray... so thats not good

I call plugged cat!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

TGC Regular
    I just had my exhaust rewelded up. they reused the cat but dont you think if it was plugged that they would have caught it??? Also the cats a high flow and its maybe about a year old

if you constantly let the car sit for a while or let it run low on fuel its more likely to clog.. just check it it wont hurt at all.. start cheap then move up so you dont spend too much for nothing
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

TGC Regular
    well see its an aftermarket cat and its welded up so i would have to cut it. PLus its a DD so it doesnt sit and i never let it get to E. If i went that far i might as well replace it.... I also have an exhaust leak where my 4-2-1 connection is so im going to try and fix that this weekend... and im also going to try and get an o2 sensor to put in the front... and look into that screen.
    Also for the fuel pump install kit should i get the 1st or 2nd gen eclipse???
    Last edited by skrap; 04-15-2009 at 05:28 PM

2g install kit... if u turn the key to the on but not start it u should hear the pump engage its a whining noise.. if you hear nothing the pump went but if it were the pump or the ditributor youll have no fuel at all so im leaning towards the fuel filter.. and you said the idle is rough.. could u have fouled out an injector?
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 04-15-2009 at 05:50 PM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

TGC Regular
    Im leaning maybe the injector i just put premuim in and some really good injector cleaner.. soo well see tomarrow. Also my exhaust leak is very noticeable i think it might be that too. Galanttuner i already told you i replace the fuel filter not even a month ago

Im leaning maybe the injector i just put premuim in and some really good injector cleaner.. soo well see tomarrow. Also my exhaust leak is very noticeable i think it might be that too. Galanttuner i already told you i replace the fuel filter not even a month ago
    i know its a month old but shit happens.. exhaust leak is not an issue for your problem as i had an exhaust leak on the flex pipe that was so bad you could hear me miles away but the idle and stalling out was never an issue for me but i did lose a lot of back pressure
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

TGC Regular
    So what your saying that i should replace my filter again??
    Now if you guys are saying that it might be my injectors, should just upgrade now since im going to in the future? If so what will work and where could i get them for a decent price. I found 4 used stock injectors on ebay for like 30 bucks but that makes me nervous... UN less someone on here has a set?
    Last edited by skrap; 04-16-2009 at 06:28 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    2g install kit... if u turn the key to the on but not start it u should hear the pump engage its a whining noise.. if you hear nothing the pump went but if it were the pump or the ditributor youll have no fuel at all so im leaning towards the fuel filter.. and you said the idle is rough.. could u have fouled out an injector?
    this is misinformation.

turning the key to the on position does not cycle the fuel pump.

only when the ecu see's a timing signal does it trigger the pump relay.
    unless you trigger the relay w/ the check terminal on the firewall.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    thats what i figured cuz it doesnt whine for me but it never has soo idk im getting my upsteam o2 sensor today along with the fuel pump screen soo im going to try them out to see if its the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    this is misinformation.

turning the key to the on position does not cycle the fuel pump.

only when the ecu see's a timing signal does it trigger the pump relay.
    unless you trigger the relay w/ the check terminal on the firewall.
    well it was on my 95 thats how i checked the pump i guess it only worked for me.. but its not his fuel pump cuz he can start the car and drive it.. if the pump or distributor were gone he would go nowhere like me in my 95 back in the day...

and im not saying get a filter im saying look at the cheap things that could cause this first before you go out and buy an expensive part you never needed to replace
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

TGC Regular
    Yea i understand well this is how the list is going to go. Today i am getting my upstream o2 sensor and the fuel pump screen and putting them on. Then tomarrow i am going to try and fix my exhaust leak to see if thats the problem. And that still doesnt solve it then is there a way to test the injectorsor is it just hit or miss?? And also if you injector was fouled would a cel turn on or no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast