The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TheRevs 5spd Swap Thread!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 42

TheRevs 5spd Swap Thread!

Hey guys, finally ive stopped buying BS parts to make my car look better and ive chosen the better route of going 5 speed. Ive read numerous posts about the swap, tutorials showing how to do it, and i have come across many parts lists of what i need. I will be updating this probably every day! So post your comments thanks guys!

Parts i Have:
    FlyWheel: Will need Resurfacing 35$ JY
    Clutch Master Cylinder 25$ JY
    3g Shifter w/ leather boot 35$
    5spd Pedals: 40$
    Slave Cylinder: 30$
    Passanger Side Axel: 40$
    Clutch: EXEDY CLUTCH KIT 01-05 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE SPYDER GT 3.0: $183

Current Total: $388

Parts I Need:
    -Manual 5 spd transmission (with tranny mount attached) (3g v6 eclipse)
    -Cylinder block plate
    shift linkage and cables(3g v6 eclipse)
    -2 new axle seals (3g v6 eclipse)

Tips on finding the parts that i will need new Like The Axle Seals, The Shift Cables and Clutch ( anything else?) would be great! im guessing Mitsu Dealer? theres not one close :(

Thanks Guys! Pics soon
    ~Gabe
    Last edited by therev; 04-19-2009 at 08:24 PM

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

car-parts.com

Thats where i got all my stuff, cables, shifter assembly, tranny. Its a database of junkyards
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    car-parts.com

Thats where i got all my stuff, cables, shifter assembly, tranny. Its a database of junkyards
    x2 where i find all my parts too!

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

dude youre almost there you just need... everything.

haha good luck let me know if you need any help

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    i would reccomend getting the shifter cables new...i actually just had to replace mine and got them from oemmitsubishiparts.com...shipping was relatively fast.

when your doing it if you have any questions let me know

i got my cables from club3g, the TOB from mitsupartsdirect.com, the slave and master from rockauto.com, and the pedals and shifter assembly from mko. All I need is the trans itself and some miscellaneous things. but i have my girls prom coming up so im on a break from collecting parts til thats over..
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by IceDouTGaLanT View Post
    car-parts.com

thats a good place, to looks for the trans. but make sure to check your local yeards cuz some of them might not be listed on that site. also check craigslist often I see a lot of tranny's pop-up there.

Funny though, when I see one i dont have the money for it, when I do have the money for it, it's a PITA to find one. lol

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    i would reccomend getting the shifter cables new...i actually just had to replace mine and got them from oemmitsubishiparts.com...shipping was relatively fast.

when your doing it if you have any questions let me know

where did you find them exactly? I can't find them under any category.

Member since October '03

Gearshift Cable, MR357824

whats the normal cost of resurfacing a flywheel?

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    whats the normal cost of resurfacing a flywheel?

~Gabe
    $35 at NAPA.

Yeah I would buy a new salve and cables. Mine broke (cables) after 1 yr they wernt that expensive.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

so i found a trans locally for 400$. The only problem is that on the bottom there is a small chip in the rectangle area. Heres a pic, do you guys think it would be able to be welded up?

~Gabe

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    better pic? from the underside?

Yeah that would suck to get it and have a tranny leak, really take your time and examine it.

Oh and about the axle seals,(tip from TJ) in all honesty if the seals look ok, dont worry about replacing, he said that they can be a bitch getting in because they have to fit near perfect and if you mess up youll have a leak. Just FYI.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, hit me up if you need any advice or help, id be more then willing to help :) and please point out any real grey areas on my how to. I want that thread to really make the swap simple
    Last edited by bmaddock; 04-16-2009 at 09:49 PM

5-speed 6G72 w/ bolt-ons [sold]
    '93 Nissan 240sx vert

Quote Originally Posted by DryBear View Post
    Gearshift Cable, MR357824
    thank you sir. it is in singular form, does it come with both?

Member since October '03

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72T View Post
    thank you sir. it is in singular form, does it come with both?
    its a single unit, with both cables

Eventually, not in the near future i want my G to be boosted. So should i go with a stage 2 clutch in the chance i do go turbo later?

~Gabe

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i been running a turbo clutch on my car since i cant even remember, mind you i do all the launches and stuff that most racers would do(lotta honda needed a lesson) but i also plan to be boosted this summer and since the clutch would already be in, it would save alot of time and headache.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

its like a 150$ price difference right? if it is thats really not bad

~Gabe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast