The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Atf

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Atf

I wanna change Tranny fluid , Automatic. What fluid should i use? I was thinking about Castrol. Also ill do it by myself so its like i ill get everything out but propably about 2/3. How much ATF do i neeed to fill it up back.

i would use oem transmission fluid

+1 on OEM fluid, and there is a table in your owners manual that tells you how much fluid you need for various things like oil and trans fluid
    Light em up.

TGC Regular
    If you do not go to the dealership and get oem specific trans fluid not and equal to oem fluid from pep boys or auto zone. You will blow your trans. these transes are really picky also DO NOT put any anti slip additives in or anything like that. It eats away your seals and shit. Trust me thats how i blew my first trans. I know first hand. The only downside is from the dealership its like 7 bucks for a quart.. I think you need 8 but i could be wrong.

is Diamond ATF SP-II the right ATF gor 7G galant? the Diamond ATF SP-II is the same as oem atf ?

TGC Regular
    I belive thats what it is.... if you can wait 3 hrs i can defonitly tell you cuz i have some bottles at home. Right now im at work. Let me know

its all good , thanks for answers , i got ATF from mitsu dealer , it was 6$ a quart , not that bad.... thx!