The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Nos

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    alex0091

Nos

from what i hear you cant get nos if your car is stock, what would i need to do to put nos in my car?

if ur car is an auto, u should probly get a torque converter, because there is a very high chance that u will mess up ur trani. correct me if im wrong, because im getting one too, and thats what iv been advice to do.

alex0091
    is that it? and how much does one of those cost?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    you can run nitrous with a stock motor....it's all in the tune
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

alex0091
    whats the difference between wet shot and dry shot?

yeah I want to get nos.. what is the whole setup for a stock 8g?

Quote Originally Posted by javi View Post
    if ur car is an auto, u should probly get a torque converter, because there is a very high chance that u will mess up ur trani. correct me if im wrong, because im getting one too, and thats what iv been advice to do.
    I'm sorry bro, but you have no idea what you're talking aboutl, almost every automatic transmission except for the new one from AMG that is used on select mercedes has a torque converter, so you don't NEED one to run nitrous considering your tranny already has it. You can run nitrous on a stock motor, you just can't run nozzles for like a 100 or bigger shot. I played around with nitrous on my supra back when it was stock and I was able to run a 75 shot safely after a good tune, stock block, but you have to consider that I had a fairly low compression ratio since the car was turbocharged from the factory. The important part is, you can't just tap into your intake and run all the lines and go, you need to have it tuned or you will grenade your motor.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    and before it gets out of hand... NOS is a brand. Nitrous is the actual product

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    yeah the problem with nitrous is that 90% of the crap floating around isn't correct, but people jump into it anyways and blow something up, sooner or later.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=14526
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

i've thought about nitrous for a while but i always heard you shouldnt do it until you do a lot of mods to the engine thanks peanotation for the info

I'm getting NOS in a few hours, but then i'm getting a root canal as well :(
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOSEY2099 View Post
    I'm getting NOS in a few hours, but then i'm getting a root canal as well :(
    lol..you should install green underbody lights for the ride to the dentist...

Quote Originally Posted by javi View Post
    Who ever told you that needs beating with an autobox :smt002

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    I'm sorry bro, but you have no idea what you're talking aboutl, almost every automatic transmission except for the new one from AMG that is used on select mercedes has a torque converter, so you don't NEED one to run nitrous considering your tranny already has it. You can run nitrous on a stock motor, you just can't run nozzles for like a 100 or bigger shot. I played around with nitrous on my supra back when it was stock and I was able to run a 75 shot safely after a good tune, stock block, but you have to consider that I had a fairly low compression ratio since the car was turbocharged from the factory. The important part is, you can't just tap into your intake and run all the lines and go, you need to have it tuned or you will grenade your motor.
    yea i really have no clue! lol but thanks for the info and for correcting me, now i learned something new!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyleg View Post
    Who ever told you that needs beating with an autobox :smt002
    i will laterz

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    yeah the problem with nitrous is that 90% of the crap floating around isn't correct, but people jump into it anyways and blow something up, sooner or later.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=14526

yeah, the welds on the intake and fry the piston rings
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

alex0091
    thank you that article helped alot!

lnm420
    i have a 2002 2.4 galant and i have been running a 75 shot of Nitrous for quite awhile now with no problems at all. only mods the car has is full exhaust including headers and the v6 throttle body swap.